Laredo Bowie

by Jhenry, Friday, January 20, 2017, 19:45 (2802 days ago)

Steve, Rob, the Bowie arrived safe and sound. Really a very impressive knife. Thanks again guys. A great day for me. New knife and a new president. I'm sitting here watching liberals melt on TV while brandishing lethal steel with a grin on my face a mile wide. Life is good.

A carry trick I have learned from Bill Bagwell & Scott T

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, January 20, 2017, 22:12 (2802 days ago) @ Jhenry

is to move the sheathed knife up while sitting, it slides back down to the stud, as you stand up. Makes it much more comfortable for all day concealed carry. I carry mine on my left side behind my ammo pouch...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Jhenry, Friday, January 20, 2017, 22:14 (2802 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Thanks my friend.

by Robb Barnes, Friday, January 20, 2017, 22:59 (2802 days ago) @ Jhenry

Glad to hear it arrived. I was just wondering if it had and popped in the the site and there was your post. Hope you enjoy it. At my vertically challenged stature, if I put it on my belt I would be cutting a furrow in the floor with the tip of the sheath!

by Jhenry, Saturday, January 21, 2017, 07:29 (2801 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

Well that never stopped Yosemite Sam from toting a big knife. Haha

by Robb Barnes, Saturday, January 21, 2017, 12:55 (2801 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Rob, a sheath like that does not have a belt loop sewn on it then, correct? You would slip the sheath under your belt and it would drop down until the stud catches the upper edge of the belt then that is the retention method? I could see how it would be nice to be able to remove the sheath and re-position the knife during different positions but it is just something I have never seen since I don't delve into the finer points of knife work. Other than a couple of Kim Ralston knives all the rest of my knives are ordinary old Benchmade auto type stuff or a single William Henry dress knife.

The belt stud is the way to go. Lynn Thompson was kind

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, January 21, 2017, 13:28 (2801 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

enough to send me 500 of them a few months ago. Should last me a while[image]:-)

--

That looks EXACTLY like my pistol...but it's here. NT

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Saturday, January 21, 2017, 19:34 (2801 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

-

Nice pistol! still my favorite 1911...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, January 21, 2017, 22:21 (2801 days ago) @ Bryan

:-D

--

I like mine as well. NT

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 09:00 (2798 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

-

How about Pictures!

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Saturday, January 21, 2017, 05:38 (2801 days ago) @ Jhenry

I have a soft spot for large knifes:-D

How about Pictures!

by Jhenry, Saturday, January 21, 2017, 07:31 (2801 days ago) @ Fivegunner

Just scroll down to the thread about the Laredo Bowie. Rob did a nice thing.

Link

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Saturday, January 21, 2017, 15:01 (2801 days ago) @ Jhenry

RSS Feed of thread