Related to the current sticky - HELP!

by webservant @, Thursday, January 19, 2017, 10:17 (2803 days ago)

Guys,

I've been as busy as a one armed paperhanger with a dollar watch and the seven year itch. There's always something going on that keeps me busy. For the past three years I've been occupying the post of president of the mission we work with down here, which means I'm overseeing 18 congregations and the related "stuff" that goes with that. As a result, upkeep on the various sites has been minimal to non-existent. We've some good domains, but need content rebuilt and updated and etc - but yours truly hasn't had much time for such and won't for the foreseeable future.

The upside is that by using WordPress content management unhardware (because soft isn't allowed with hardware - gotta love spam filters) on the sites, it's not hard to get content up - just time consuming for copy and paste, etc. If anyone would like to volunteer to help rebuild some of the sites, let me know. webservant AHT sixshootercommunity DOHT com reaches me for things related to the site/forum/etc. I'd like to replace the Joomla! site on sixshootercommunity.org, for example, with a WordPress installation BEFORE it gets hacked like a couple others were. But time has not allowed for such. Let me know if you'd like to take on the task of helping to rebuild and to update, etc.

I have been thinking of revitalizing .com

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Friday, January 20, 2017, 04:04 (2802 days ago) @ webservant

maybe leaving .us (with some editing) as the place for the original articles and making .com more or less 'blogish'.

As my time is basically my own, I would gladly pitch in what I could to help out on the other sites.

We can do that easily enough...

by Paul ⌂, Friday, January 20, 2017, 06:32 (2802 days ago) @ Miles

I'll have to check the actual hosting setup, but methinks that the .us is the "original" site (on this server) and the .com is merely pointing to it. The guy who jumped on the .com wanted something like $2,000 or so for it - not realizing that without the articles it was practically worthless. After a couple years (or more) of him squatting on it, he offered it to us and we were able to pick it up for $50 - roughly what he had spent to park it for that time. :-D Anway, it wouldn't be much of a trick to set it up with its very own WordPress installation and then the .us would be on its own to host the original articles. There's a lot of broken links and missing pics on the original.

Drop me an email and I'll get you the login details, etc.

BTW, you've got mail

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Monday, January 23, 2017, 03:22 (2799 days ago) @ Paul

I hope.

BTW, you've got mail

by Paul ⌂, Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 07:05 (2798 days ago) @ Miles

Yes, indeed. And now you should have some too. Let me know how I can be of service.

RSS Feed of thread