Looking For IWB Holster

by ~JM~, Monday, January 16, 2017, 10:31 (2806 days ago)

I'm looking for an IWB holster for a 2" J-Frame.

Leather construction with reinforced opening. I want a section of the leather to extend up on the inside between the gun & skin to prevent the hammer spur from digging in. Single spring steel clip mounted in parallel with the cylinder, or alongside the trigger guard.

I think having the leather rough out might be desirable. Open to suggestion.

Thank you
~JM~

Simply Rugged. (NM)

by matt/pa @, Monday, January 16, 2017, 10:44 (2806 days ago) @ ~JM~

(NM)

Looking For IWB Holster

by Big Six, Monday, January 16, 2017, 11:10 (2806 days ago) @ ~JM~

There is a big ol' rough looking guy who used to live up in Alaska and he made me several of these years ago. They worked real well and are still in service.

I guess they finally ran him out of Alaska because last time I heard he had sought refuge further south.

http://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Holsters.cfm?cat_id=669&gclid=CJGN7uCTx9ECFYE...

Looking For IWB Holster

by ~JM~, Monday, January 16, 2017, 11:31 (2806 days ago) @ Big Six

That was one of the first places that I looked.

Did not see what I described in the post above.

Thanks
~JM~

Looking For IWB Holster -- double-down on Exiled Alaskan guy

by John Meeker @, Monday, January 16, 2017, 11:33 (2806 days ago) @ Big Six

Made me a really clean and well-designed holster for my fave knockabout revolver -- a three inch Model 60, 38spec. Also added a couple of screw-attached strap connectors, with which i may hang the rig higher in a sort-of shoulder holster under my arm. Thats for when I'm ditch walkin' in longer and heavier winter apparel. He can work out what you need.

ask me... Why rough out? We can do it just ask.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, January 16, 2017, 19:14 (2806 days ago) @ ~JM~

But there is no real advantage.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

How about this?

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 15:48 (2805 days ago) @ ~JM~

https://www.triplek.com/product/314-insider-holster/

I have one for a J frame I keep in my desk at the office. Since carrying a firearm into Court is a big no-no, this is what I do during the day. Clip it on if going somewhere other than Court or jail. Put the big iron back on when heading home at night.

ask me... Why rough out? We can do it just ask.

by ~JM~, Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 16:24 (2805 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Hi Rob,

The thought was the rough out would help retain the holster, while the smooth inside would assist the draw.

I found a local maker yesterday before I saw your reply.

Thank you
~JM~

We've been back in AZ for almost 7 years...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, January 19, 2017, 15:12 (2803 days ago) @ Big Six

we are about half way between Ruger and Gunsite...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread