SPF - US made Cold Steel Laredo Bowie w/ Carbon V steel

by cubrock, Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 11:56 (2811 days ago)
edited by cubrock, Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 20:00

SOLD PENDING FUNDS....I am in the process of sorting through my knives, something I seem to have to do about ever 3 or 4 years. Weeding out those that just sit around.

I bought this used and planned on using it, but all it does is gather dust here. It is a hard-to-find early, US made Carbon V Cold Steel Laredo Bowie. They were made 2002 to 2006. Comes with a factory Bagwell-style leather sheath with brass belt stud. Shows honest wear, scratches, and scuffs, but is in excellent using condition. Blade has scattered areas of staining. The edge is in excellent shape - not quite as sharp as I prefer, but still sharp enough to slice paper. I never got around to sharpening it, even. The false edge on top has some very fine nicks/chatter in it that will easily come out if you like to sharpen that part of the knife. They are hard to see, but you can feel them.

Looks much better in person than in the pics. I intentionally manipulated the lighting to highlight the wear/staining/etc.

$165 postpaid and insured. Thank you for looking!

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

That is a great blade! Someone snap this up quickly!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 14:10 (2811 days ago) @ cubrock

If I didn't have a couple great blades already, I would be all over this. If you want to trade for some exotic gunleather, let me know!
Nice!
Rob
[image]

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

WTS - US made Cold Steel Laredo Bowie w/ Carbon V steel

by Jhenry, Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 18:48 (2811 days ago) @ cubrock

Well crap. Just the exact one I want and here i am short of funds.

WTS - US made Cold Steel Laredo Bowie w/ Carbon V steel

by Robb Barnes, Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 19:15 (2811 days ago) @ Jhenry

JHenry, I am going to buy this from Steve and when you get the money you let me know and you can have it for the same price.

Robb

Very nice of you, Robb (nm)

by cubrock, Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 20:00 (2811 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

nm

What a guy!

by Caz, Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 20:38 (2811 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

;-)

I am not surprised by that at all.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 23:01 (2811 days ago) @ Caz

18 or so years most of us have known each other... proud to be here.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I am not surprised by that at all.

by Frank S, Thursday, January 12, 2017, 04:41 (2810 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Rob,
Once again you have shown your true nature. You Sir and the other fine Gentlemen here prove that honor and decency are not yet dead!

Awesome and not a surprise here. Very cool. NT

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Thursday, January 12, 2017, 15:32 (2810 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

-

I don't know what to say

by Jhenry, Thursday, January 12, 2017, 22:58 (2810 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

Thanks Robb. I always had an eye for that very Bowie and a few months back Rob L. told me to get that over a Trailmaster which pretty much cinched the deal and put the Jones on me. Been on the hunt since then. Many thanks brother.

I don't know what to say

by Robb Barnes, Friday, January 13, 2017, 01:26 (2810 days ago) @ Jhenry

Tell you what, just have Steve send it right to you and you just send me some pennies when it works out for you sir. Send Steve your address and lets save some shipping.

Take care,

Robb

I don't know what to say

by Jhenry, Friday, January 13, 2017, 11:02 (2809 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

I am truly humbled. This is a unique little family we have here and I have always felt privileged to be accepted. I'll shoot Steve my mailing address.

Perfect

by Robb Barnes, Friday, January 13, 2017, 11:09 (2809 days ago) @ Jhenry

I love it when a plan comes together!

I don't know what to say

by Jhenry, Friday, January 13, 2017, 21:08 (2809 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

Rob shoot me an email to jhlflintlk at sbcglobal dot net if you would please.

On its way! nm

by cubrock, Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 12:40 (2805 days ago) @ Jhenry

nm

On its way! nm

by Jhenry, Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 18:02 (2805 days ago) @ cubrock

Yehaw! I'm already feeling all stabby and slashy. In a good way, not in an inappropriate or clockwork orange fashion at the present.

My email address....

by cubrock, Friday, January 13, 2017, 06:16 (2809 days ago) @ Jhenry

steve at groundwaterresourcespllc dot com

My email address....

by Jhenry, Friday, January 13, 2017, 12:46 (2809 days ago) @ cubrock

Message sent. Please let me know if you got it. We have poor connectivity here on the best of days and we are in the midst of an ice storm at this point. Water containers are filled. Lanterns are ready and the generator is set up and full.

Got it

by cubrock, Friday, January 13, 2017, 20:33 (2809 days ago) @ Jhenry

Will ship early next week.

Got it

by Jhenry, Friday, January 13, 2017, 20:59 (2809 days ago) @ cubrock

10.4 sir.

I don't know what to say

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Saturday, January 14, 2017, 10:00 (2808 days ago) @ Jhenry

Say thank you. The folks on this board don't need much more.
Hope to see you in Clarksville for CSA April 7-8-9.

I don't know what to say

by Jhenry, Saturday, January 14, 2017, 11:42 (2808 days ago) @ Tom Richardson

I did. CSA on the present schedule.

I Like Rob, He`s is a Great person

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Thursday, January 12, 2017, 08:27 (2810 days ago) @ cubrock

Hope to meet him sometime , now that I am retired :-D

That is one classy looking knife...

by Catoosa, Saturday, January 14, 2017, 10:20 (2808 days ago) @ cubrock

I got one from Gunner a while back that looks quite a bit like that. The classic Bowie - big enough to do some serious work but not so big as to be cumbersome. I love it.

The thread a few days ago about how the old-time cowboys and others carried their knives might be partly answered by that sheath. According to the photographs and paintings I have seen, it appears that most everyone wore a sturdy belt in those days, or in some cases a sash around the waist. A scabbard with a stud or hook thrust under the belt would seem to be most practical.

RSS Feed of thread