ISIL issues hit list of U.S. churches for holiday attacks.

by ~JM~, Thursday, December 22, 2016, 20:21 (2831 days ago)

I have expected something like this for a while now.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/12/22/islamic-state-urges-attacks-us-chur...
Don't know how accurate the story may be, but I suppose it is only a matter of time before something like this plays out.

Here is another story from Australia.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/12/22/australian-police-plot-detonate-christmas...

Be careful & watchful.

~JM~

by Catoosa, Thursday, December 22, 2016, 23:15 (2831 days ago) @ ~JM~

I don't suppose our little country church is on their list, but if it is the jihadis are in for a rude surprise........

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Friday, December 23, 2016, 07:08 (2830 days ago) @ Catoosa

Same here.

I figure I am at least a sheepdog among the sheep.

by stonewalrus, Friday, December 23, 2016, 18:11 (2830 days ago) @ Catoosa

Our church started a security team but firearms have never been mentioned. At this point I figure it is don't ask, don't tell. I do know the guy heading it up works for the FBI so that is something. The focus seems to be keeping children from being snatched though. They have hired a security firm to look everything over.

Where is the list?

by Otony, Friday, December 23, 2016, 09:25 (2830 days ago) @ ~JM~

I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

Otony

Where is the list?

by Big Six, Friday, December 23, 2016, 09:55 (2830 days ago) @ Otony

I have seen this info on many sites.

I have seen no lists.

Nonetheless, we all know there is evil intent toward Christians.

It's here... we'll just have to deal with it.

Be safe and take care of your loved ones (and yourselves).

Going to feel odd wearing under armor at candle light service.

Merry Christmas to all.

Yes it does...

by Catoosa, Friday, December 23, 2016, 10:19 (2830 days ago) @ Big Six

I carry pretty much everywhere else, but I felt a little strange the first time I carried at church. I talked to our preacher about it and he said it did not bother him a bit, and that there were a couple other fellows in the congregation who did the same. We are a little country church quite a ways off the beaten track, and not likely on any jihadi's hit list, but you never know who else might work up a grudge over some real or imagined issue.

Some crazy people around these days.

Yes it does...

by Big Six, Friday, December 23, 2016, 10:47 (2830 days ago) @ Catoosa

and not likely on any jihadi's hit list,

I once felt that way here in the boonies.

No more.

me too; if i didnt carry and should have i would hold

by cable, Friday, December 23, 2016, 15:49 (2830 days ago) @ Big Six

myself as irresponsible.

Where is the list? Every link I have seen simply states...

by Caz, Friday, December 23, 2016, 13:36 (2830 days ago) @ Otony

...that they posted NOTICE of the list on their own web pages. I can't see any advantage for them in forewarning their intended targets of those locations. Creating fear, panic and hysteria by making just such declarations is their method.

by Charles, Friday, December 23, 2016, 13:02 (2830 days ago) @ ~JM~

Responsible church leaders, lay and clergy have the duty to either protect the worshipers or allow them to protect themselves. Church policies that put people at risk should not be tolerated. Too many churches have the "guns don't belong in God's house", mentality which is nothing more than liberal politics and not based in theology or Bible.

exactly right !!!

by cable, Friday, December 23, 2016, 15:50 (2830 days ago) @ Charles

:-|

exactly right !!!

by Robb Barnes, Friday, December 23, 2016, 23:27 (2830 days ago) @ cable

A number of us carry at church and we make sure there is pretty much someone at each of the services. I had a good visit with one of the elders several years ago after a guy came into another church in town with a can of gas and threatened to do harm. Mostly our discussion centered around wart we carried, not if we carried.

Holster shirt, Alessi ankle holster and occasionally even boot carry all have been used in the past. I jsut remebe one of Pastor Jim Taylors comments on time about our responsibility to protect the orphans, women and the helpless.

"Blessed Are The Peacemakers"

by cas, Monday, December 26, 2016, 18:51 (2827 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

New Service, 1911 and Python's too I'd reckon. ;-)

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, December 24, 2016, 08:03 (2829 days ago) @ Charles

Our small church established an armed security team several years ago. We even took some local firearms and security training. Several are prepared for trouble.

We have one "church security person" on hand at all times.

by Caz, Saturday, December 24, 2016, 14:07 (2829 days ago) @ Cherokee

;-)

RSS Feed of thread