Next Purcghase

by Robb Barnes, Friday, December 09, 2016, 20:23 (2844 days ago)

I just picked these up today. Identical serial numbered TLA WTFT Target, ST Army and Border Special all in 41 mag in the leather carved case. The Improved #5 in 41 mag ordered with these is already here with its oak case. These join the Improved #5 in 41 that Alan Harton built for me form a pile of parts and Bill Grovers personal 44 mag Border Special. I am TLAed out. Thanks Steve!
[image]

Wow, just, wow!

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, December 09, 2016, 20:48 (2844 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

Still awaiting the book...

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

NICE, Rob! We need to go shoot those soon!

by Caz, Friday, December 09, 2016, 21:02 (2844 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

:-D ;-) :-D

What a collection !!

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Friday, December 09, 2016, 21:23 (2844 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

nt

Awesome Robb. Congrats. Can we get a group photo? NT

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Friday, December 09, 2016, 22:07 (2844 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

-

Next Purchase

by Robb Barnes, Friday, December 09, 2016, 22:33 (2844 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

I will try to get a group picture of the 6 guns this weekend.

Ya bought a cat?

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Saturday, December 10, 2016, 12:14 (2843 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

Sorry, all I see is the "Photo not found" cat.

Next Purchase

by Robb Barnes, Saturday, December 10, 2016, 16:08 (2843 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

OOOPS
[image]

Very, very nice

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Saturday, December 10, 2016, 16:10 (2843 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

Next Purchase

by DiamondD, Saturday, December 10, 2016, 18:54 (2843 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

Woof!

Oh my goodness.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Saturday, December 10, 2016, 20:23 (2843 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

Very nice Robb.

Words fail me.

Oh my goodness.

by Robb Barnes, Saturday, December 10, 2016, 22:15 (2843 days ago) @ Hoot

This gun was Bill Grover's personal Border Special with pecan grips he made from a tree on his property. It is the gun he used to take a large alligator once the season was opened back up. Someplace I have the magazine article showing Bill with this gun and the 'gator hanging.
[image]
The upper left gun in this picture is the Improved #5 was ordered by the same man that ordered the 3 gun set but serial number 300 for the Improved #5 was already assigned so Bill numbered this on K300A. This one came in one of the hard to find hardwood cases.
[image]
Finally, this Improved #5 in 41 mag was literally a box of parts I sent to Alan Harton and he was able to take the parts and make what at the time was in his words, the most accurate single action he had shot.
[image]
[image]
And as the cartoon character used to say --- "That's all folks!":)

Fantastic. TLAs are the one brand I haven't owned...

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Saturday, December 10, 2016, 23:10 (2843 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

or really even handled that much. Can't really say why that is. Of course, the prices have climbed a good bit but I should have spent more time with them. I like them.

That's a really nice collection of them. Congrats.

Thank you Bryan.

by Robb Barnes, Saturday, December 10, 2016, 23:15 (2843 days ago) @ Bryan

With the addition of the 3 gun set I have reached the end of my TLA pursuits. The fact that I am a dyed in the wool 41 nut makes it the peak of my personal hunt for TLA guns. The three latest get sent of to Alan Harton for hardness testing then to the range once spring arrives.

I've always admired the way you collect and acquire. NT

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Saturday, December 10, 2016, 23:18 (2843 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

-

Thank you Bryan-

by Robb Barnes, Sunday, December 11, 2016, 10:42 (2842 days ago) @ Bryan

It has been a fun journey over the years but it has just about reached the end of the run. There are just a couple of multi-year long projects that hopefully will wrap up in 2017 then that should be the end of the custom projects and the dream chasing. I know JT says there is never a final PPP but there is just not much I want to have built at this point. I plan on shooting more and letting more of these projects go to new homes over the next few years. I often times feel like we are not owners but caretakers or more appropriately stewards of the things the Lord lets us enjoy and I hope to never cling so tightly to them that I fail to let others enjoy them as well.

It's been too long since we've talked. Let's connect again.

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Sunday, December 11, 2016, 10:45 (2842 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

-

It's been too long since we've talked. Let's connect again.

by Robb Barnes, Sunday, December 11, 2016, 13:11 (2842 days ago) @ Bryan

Bryan, get a hold of me at any time. kingspumping at gmail dot com

Robb

Thx. Email sent. NT

by Bryan ⌂, Ft Worth, TX, Sunday, December 11, 2016, 16:08 (2842 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

-

RSS Feed of thread