powder scales

by W.R.D., Saturday, December 03, 2016, 19:45 (2850 days ago)

gentleman I AM IN NEED OF SOME KNOWLEDGE ON POWDER SCALES, I had one from RCBS that I USED FOR ABOUT 30years. IT FINALLY GAVE UP THE GHOST, I bought one from Dillon that I CANT MAKE HEADS OR TALES OUT OF DUE TO THE FACT THAT THE rcbs BECAME A PART OF MY RIGHT HAND, I'm THINKING OF GOING TO A DIGITAL TO MAKE THINGS EASIER, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT MY BEST CHOICE SHOULD BE, I CAN GO TO A DIGITAL AND ADAPT BUT I DON'T QANT TO SPEND 300. ON SOMETHING I DON'T QUITE KNOW HOW MUCH USE I'M GOING TO GET OUT OF IT, I'M PARTIAL TO RCBS IF THAT MATTERS,
WES

I have been using a Frankford Arsenal digital scale

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, December 03, 2016, 20:14 (2850 days ago) @ W.R.D.

for about 6 years now... bought on sale for 21 bucks... Have an old Dillon electronic it was 150 or so... and another via Midway, for another reloading station, Maybe a Hornady also dirt cheap.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

powder scales

by Big Six, Monday, December 05, 2016, 11:51 (2848 days ago) @ W.R.D.

RCBS scales can be resurrected easily.

I have a 1010 purchased in 1977 that "went screwy" a few years back.

I contacted RCBS and was instructed to send the scale to Ohaus.(They provided info)

It was returned shortly like new (better actually) with a letter.

"Thank you for using our products all these years."

"No charge."

Good folks with which to do business.

Now there is a thought,

by W.R.D., Monday, December 05, 2016, 17:56 (2848 days ago) @ Big Six

Think I will have to give them a call tomorrow and see what I can work out, I have used that scale so long I don't even have to think about what I'm doing, I DO check myself when I'm ready to start charging cases, usually 50 at a time then restart, check the charge weight and run another 50 never had an over charge but on two occasions when the manual called for a certain charge that turned out to be a little HOT, WAS PROMPTLY corrected and have been running like so for 30 or so years.

RSS Feed of thread