Mountain people hate to ask for help...

by pokynojoe, Thursday, December 01, 2016, 21:34 (2852 days ago)

but we need it now.

Should any of you feel compelled to do so, donate to the Red Cross and direct you contributions to the "Chimney Tops 2 Fire" to aid the city of Gatlinburg and Sevier County Tennessee.

My beloved Smokies are still burning tonight.

Thank you
Joe

Prayers sent for your Smokies...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, December 02, 2016, 06:40 (2851 days ago) @ pokynojoe

and all those in need.

Been thinking of you...

by Brian A, Friday, December 02, 2016, 13:02 (2851 days ago) @ pokynojoe

Hoping you are okay. Planning to be down there right after the new year, if our reservations don't get cancelled because of the damage. Those big fires are nasty things, living in Jack Pine country up here, am well familiar with them and the damage they can do. Can only imagine how difficult it must be to fight them in that terrain and with the weather conditions you've had. Heard that the rain has started and is helping to get things under control. Praying for everyone down there.

I was thinking about you guys...

by Paul ⌂, Friday, December 02, 2016, 19:35 (2851 days ago) @ pokynojoe

and praying you'd get some rain like we're getting lately. That'd put out the fire and get things started for greening back up in the spring.

Mountain people hate to ask for help...

by Catoosa, Sunday, December 04, 2016, 20:22 (2849 days ago) @ pokynojoe

As of last information, 13 confirmed fatalities, 1400+ buildings destroyed, and thousands of acres of our beautiful mountain land burned over. All resulting from a small fire in steep terrain in the GSMNP that was allowed to burn for several days before it was hit with 80+ mph wind that spread it for miles.

So much for the NPS "fire management" strategy.

RSS Feed of thread