I just said goodbye to the best dog I've ever had:(

by rob @, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 17:29 (2916 days ago)

Today was the day I prayed would never come. I could sure use some prayer for my wife and I both.
[image]
Goodbye old friend. May God keep you close and throw your frisbee always:(

Sorry to hear that. Those are tough days. NT

by Bryan, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 17:48 (2916 days ago) @ rob

-

Always sad when the 4 legged friends pass on.

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 18:54 (2916 days ago) @ rob

We give them a good life, and that is what matters most. Now go give another one the good life! I know that we will never be without.

I am very sorry for your loss. We know it well...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 19:07 (2916 days ago) @ rob

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Sorry Rob, they are like family

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 20:36 (2916 days ago) @ rob

Yes they are...

by rob @, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 20:40 (2916 days ago) @ Creeker

They leave a huge hole in your heart when they go.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 21:55 (2916 days ago) @ rob

Been there several times, I know your loss. God bless you.

Thank you all...

by rob @, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 22:15 (2916 days ago) @ rob

I told my wife tonight I wouldn't give up all the joys of loving this dog for tonight's pain. It's hard to deal with but the joy they bring is well worth it. At least I was there to see cross that final threshold....part of the responsibility of loving them. I have a blue heeler that isn't sure where her friend is tonight. I've got to help her move on too. Again, thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

It's never easy

by Frank S, Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 22:37 (2916 days ago) @ rob

To say goodbye. I think back o all my canine friends over the years, and while there is sadness there is much more joy! Prayers sent your way.

Sorry to see this Rob.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 05:51 (2916 days ago) @ rob

Prayers for your family.

by Paul ⌂, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 07:16 (2916 days ago) @ rob

I'm sorry to hear that, Rob. Two, almost three, years ago I had to put down Burkha. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Went home and cried like a baby, wasn't worth much the rest of the day. She went out knowing how sad I was and that I hated to see her go. Sitting here typing this I hear teeth gnawing on a piece of bone over in the kennel. Biscuit will never replace Burkha and probably will go before I do - but the joy of a good dog is not mitigated by the sorrow of their passing. Heal well, my friend.

Thanks Paul

by rob @, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 12:57 (2916 days ago) @ Paul

Sorry for your loss.

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 08:53 (2916 days ago) @ rob

Nothing finer than a good dog.

It is really tough - had to do that about a year ago

by stonewalrus, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 10:37 (2916 days ago) @ rob

My little buddy was there to comfort me when I lost my first wife. We had been through a lot together (including a new wife and baby).

Sorry, rob. :-(

by John K., Thursday, September 29, 2016, 13:43 (2915 days ago) @ rob

We are sad for both...a best dog is a tough loss, .....

by YJohn Meeker @, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 20:38 (2915 days ago) @ rob

it stays with yo, and so do the memories. In time, they become cherished and your freind will live in in them thru you. Such events just reduce us to a state, that the knowledge that the pain will pass into heartfelt memories, is what makes it tolerable. They return to us, later...with good memorizes and associations. Truth...I've seen a slew of relatives buried, and their loss never struck me as hard as the loss of a good dog.

So true.

by rob @, Thursday, September 29, 2016, 20:58 (2915 days ago) @ YJohn Meeker

Your dog is by your side pretty much the entire time your home. We spend a great deal of time with them.

RSS Feed of thread