Starline 357 Max Brass

by MDF99 @, SW Ohio, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 21:26 (2922 days ago)

I Just saw that Starline is going to make 357 Maximum brass!

https://www.starlinebrass.com/brass-cases/357-357-MAXIMUM/

Hmmm....going to have to look at my stock.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, September 23, 2016, 06:38 (2922 days ago) @ MDF99

Thanks for the head's up!

Hmmm....going to have to look at my stock.

by MDF99 @, SW Ohio, Friday, September 23, 2016, 10:26 (2922 days ago) @ Hoot

My boy will be 5yrs this January. I bought a SB2 frame Handi rifle soon after he was born and sent it in for a 357 mag barrel to be fitted and bought a youth length stock at same time. Then I sent the barrel off and had it shortened up a few inches, throated out for the Max and drilled for a front sight. It remains yet unfired; gift for my boy. Wont be too much longer now maybe a couple more years, ha. I can't wait to see how it shoots but he will be first. I reckon he'll have my bisley grip frame Max blackhawk on his hip as well someday.

I always thought this cartridge out of a handy carbine would

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, September 23, 2016, 10:55 (2922 days ago) @ MDF99

be just a dandy.

As an aside, my brother works with a single mom. He volunteered to take her son on a hog hunt with us. Bro' Dan brought along an NEF in .357 Mag loaded with the 140gr(?) Hornady FTX bullets. Colton got his chance Saturday morning and made a wonderful shot on a mid-sized porker, dropping it right there. Not a Maxi but a close cousin of your son's rifle.

I regret once passing on a Savage Model 24 with a .357 Max tube. I don't recall the shotgun barrel anymore but the rifled one still haunts me.

I always thought this cartridge out of a handy carbine would

by MDF99 @, SW Ohio, Friday, September 23, 2016, 19:38 (2921 days ago) @ Hoot

Thanks to your brother Dan for making Colton a great lifetime memory!

He's a good man.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, September 23, 2016, 20:33 (2921 days ago) @ MDF99

I don't say that just because I'm related either.

I really like my .357 Max Contender carbine barrel. The

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, September 23, 2016, 22:31 (2921 days ago) @ MDF99

chambering is very flexible. I've played with it for a while but it was so easy to work with that I didn't feel there was more to do with it than this. http://shootingwithhobie.blogspot.com/search?q=357+maximum

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

agree

by bj @, Saturday, September 24, 2016, 22:46 (2920 days ago) @ Hoot

From what I hear the .357 mag does very well from a levergun, the supermag should be a little better or maybe a lot better. Back in another lifetime I was interested in the .357 Herrett. I would think the supermag in a levergun could outdo the Herrett.

RSS Feed of thread