I like the MKIV much better than the MKIII

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 19:11 (2922 days ago)

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-MKIV.htm

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I like the MKIV much better than the MKIII - dittos

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 19:24 (2922 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

If the fit and finish is good, all the features I like and none I don't.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I like the MKIV much better than the MKIII - dittos

by Jared, Friday, September 23, 2016, 07:11 (2922 days ago) @ Hobie

I wish they would have ditched the Magazine safety.. Other than that ieverything looks like a nice improvement over the MKIII.

Are there plastic parts?

by Otony, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 20:29 (2922 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I'm curious about plastic being used in the fire control mechanism, such as trigger, safeties, and most importantly, take-down latch.

I'd hate to see that, but I'm thinking such might be the case. Seems to be the direction a lot of manufacturers are taking these days.

Looks like a pretty nice improvement package overall, in any event. Curious to see if this carries over to the 22/45.

Sure wish we weren't sitting on so many MKIII pistols NIB at our shop......

Otony

Are there plastic parts?

by SIXGUNNER, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 21:02 (2922 days ago) @ Otony

THE MAGNET TEST SAYS NO

Hooray for Ruger!

by Otony, Friday, September 23, 2016, 08:23 (2922 days ago) @ SIXGUNNER

And thank you sir!

Otony

No! perish the thought!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, September 23, 2016, 13:42 (2921 days ago) @ Otony

some mim but durable

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I love the updated takedown features! NT

by Bryan @, Thursday, September 22, 2016, 22:04 (2922 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

-

I love the updated takedown features! NT

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Friday, September 23, 2016, 07:46 (2922 days ago) @ Bryan

Same here. Easy to take apart...wonderful.

Well, ain't that cool!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, September 23, 2016, 06:37 (2922 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Good job Jeff and Ruger!

I had problems with the MKIII

by Harry O-1, Saturday, September 24, 2016, 17:30 (2920 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I bought a new MKIII in the 22/45 grip shortly after they were introduced. It had a problem. Very often, I would pull the trigger all the way back and nothing happened. It was just like the safety was on. When I pulled the trigger back a second time, it would fire. That did very bad things to my concentration. I sent it back to Ruger with a description of the problem. They said they replaced some parts in the magazine safety.

It worked a little better, but would still lock up sometimes. I got one of the aftermarket parts kits to replace the magazine safety. It worked. I have not had a problem with it locking up since, and the trigger is improved, also. If they have a MKIV now, I hope they fixed that problem.

very interesting, still can't buy ammo here though

by bj @, Saturday, September 24, 2016, 22:42 (2920 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I haven't seen any in stores in years. I was in my local large Wally-world today and they don't even save space for it on the shelves any more. I would think a manufacturer has to be brave to produce a new model that you can't buy ammunition for. Nevertheless I'd like to see what other variations they have planned for it.

We have rimfire ammo in DFW...

by Bryan @, Sunday, September 25, 2016, 07:25 (2920 days ago) @ bj

I still don't see it at Walmart but Jared bought a bunch there not long ago. I don't have any problem getting it at Cabelas or Bass Pro. Bought 3500 rounds there recently and there were whole displays of it. It was even on sale!

RSS Feed of thread