Well, ill be hanging up my tools soon...

by rob @, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 13:46 (2930 days ago)

Sorta...got hired by Campus Security for level three commissioned security officer. Waiting in line for drug test as I type. I'm starving to death, hungry, famished, and waiting....did I say I was hungry?!?!?

Assuming it's what you wanted, congratulations!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, September 16, 2016, 06:43 (2929 days ago) @ rob

The position, of course, not the hunger. What do/did you do prior to this?

Assuming it's what you wanted, congratulations!

by rob @, Friday, September 16, 2016, 08:05 (2929 days ago) @ Hoot

Definitely what I wanted. I've been a professional auto mechanic for 31 years and I'm pretty well tired of it. Hopefully, now maybe I can get to where I enjoy working on my own stuff again:) A gunsmith friend of mine told me not to be a gunsmith if you enjoy shooting because it will ruin your hobby. I think he's absolutely right. I used to be a car nut and now I pretty much don't want anything to do with them. This security officer job will be a much welcome change.

Good. I'm happy for you.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, September 16, 2016, 08:43 (2929 days ago) @ rob

Rereading my post, it sounds sort of negative. Sorry, I didn't mean it that way.

31 years is a long run at most jobs. The change will probably be appreciated. I used to be a bit of a gear-head (hobby only). Was up to 11 cars at one time. Then I "discovered" that 11 guns took up a whole lot less room! Still have a couple 'project vehicles' waiting for my return. One of these days...

Good. I'm happy for you.

by rob @, Friday, September 16, 2016, 08:49 (2929 days ago) @ Hoot

I didn't take your post negative at all:) I came to the same conclusion as you...quality firearms are much cheaper than just about any hot-rod...initially, and less maintenance...and shooting never gets old:) I finally satisfied the hunger about 2:30 with some left over smoked brisket that was worth the wait.

Armed ?

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, September 16, 2016, 10:24 (2929 days ago) @ rob

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Yep...

by rob @, Friday, September 16, 2016, 11:33 (2929 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

With pistol and taser. I'll carry my 1911.

wear armor & train train train!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, September 16, 2016, 15:50 (2928 days ago) @ rob

;-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

wear armor & train train train!

by rob @, Friday, September 16, 2016, 21:05 (2928 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Yes sir...we have armor and are required to wear it:) We even do training exersises with Ft. Worth SWAT from time to time on campus from what I understand and we do mock scenarios (including active shooter training drills) as well. I'm gonna get some good training:)

Where you located Rob? I'm in DFW. NT

by Bryan @, Ft Worth, TX, Sunday, September 18, 2016, 14:05 (2927 days ago) @ rob

-

I'm in Kennedale...

by rob @, Sunday, September 18, 2016, 17:40 (2926 days ago) @ Bryan

Same as before when you visited our church and we went to Alpine range together a time or two...I'm that rob:)

Ahh...when was that? I travel a lot and can't remember. NT

by Bryan @, Ft Worth, TX, Sunday, September 18, 2016, 22:04 (2926 days ago) @ rob

-

Before you went to Alaska...

by rob @, Sunday, September 18, 2016, 22:57 (2926 days ago) @ Bryan

And I believe I sold you a 16" Marlin 94P...a decision I deeply regret beyond any other decision to let a firearm go. I think you in turn sold it to Kelly Brost. It's been a long time.

Yes! I regret selling it too. Let's reconnect. NT

by Bryan @, Ft Worth, TX, Sunday, September 18, 2016, 22:59 (2926 days ago) @ rob

-

Yes! I regret selling it too. Let's reconnect. NT

by rob @, Sunday, September 18, 2016, 23:32 (2926 days ago) @ Bryan

We can certainly do that. It may take some time to get my schedule settled down a bit first, though, being in my first semester back in school since 93 and an imenent job change and subsequent training coming up...but we will certainly make it happen:)

Hit me with your contact info?

by Bryan @, Ft Worth, TX, Monday, September 19, 2016, 00:24 (2926 days ago) @ rob

bryan (at) stratos2.com

RSS Feed of thread