12 ga. Lee slugs wanted...

by Byron, Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 16:28 (2931 days ago)

My 12 bore double express shoots round ball very well and actually is regulated properly to hit both barrels into 2" at 5o yards. This is with the right barrel shooting into the right bullet hole so ball fly parallel and do not cross. I understand this is rare but it's fine with me.

I would like to try some Lee 500 gr slugs in the rifle. This is the same weight as the .72 cal round ball.

If anyone could hook me up with a dozen or two I would be grateful.

Cheers,

Byron

Not Lee's but...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 05:07 (2931 days ago) @ Byron

here => http://www.gunbroker.com/item/583939675

I've dealt with Bill a few times and he's a good'un. He may have other choices as he casts loads of styles and sizes.

Psst, hey buddy, over here....

by MS @, Southern Michigan, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 05:48 (2931 days ago) @ Byron

I have a fair supply of 1 oz. Lee slugs cast up that I could let go.
Byron, send me an email and I'll set you up. How many were you thinking you needed?

Mark

Good morning!

by Byron, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 07:48 (2931 days ago) @ MS

Thanks!

While my 12 bore double is designed to shoot round balls and does it very well I am interested in seeing if it will also shoot a foster style open base slug.

10 or 12 would be plenty to shoot a couple of groups out of each barrel.

Please let me know what I can do to keep in exchange with you.

I will gladly pay for the slugs and postage.

Let me know.

Byron

yrusik@yahoo.com

Good morning!

by uncowboy, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 11:54 (2931 days ago) @ Byron

HOW EVER This works out do a write up with Pic. Inquiring minds want to know. Made me put down my peanut butter sandwich serious here! J.Michael

Good morning to you too sir

by MS @, Southern Michigan, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 14:07 (2929 days ago) @ Byron

I sent you an email. Just send me your address and they will go small flat Rate box.
BTW, three dozen should give you ample for your testing. Plus some for loading up to flop a deer.
Mark

Thank you

by Byron, Thursday, September 15, 2016, 17:35 (2929 days ago) @ MS

RSS Feed of thread