FS: S&W 27-2, 5" bbl, blued, TT/TH/TG

by matt/pa @, Saturday, September 03, 2016, 12:08 (2941 days ago)

FS: Nice S&W model 27-2, blued, with a 5" barrel. The gun has target grips, target trigger, target hammer and black rear sight and front sight. The front sight has some yellow paint/finger nail polish on it that can easily be removed. Gun has been fired but it doesn't appear to have been very much. Bluing is good, grips are good, bore is good, timing is good, lock up is tight. S/N is N601XXX. No box or papers.

Asking $875, shipped to your FFL.

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

First "I'll take it" email to me at bigbore45colt @ ptd.net (remove the space in front of and after the @) gets it. Payment by USPS Money Order, cashier's check, or credit card. Please note that credit card purchases lose a 3.5% cash discount. I am going to list this on a few other places, to maximize exposure. If unsold after a few days, I will take it to auction.

Thanks for looking!

Matt

Sold Pending Funds. Thanks.

by matt/pa @, Saturday, September 03, 2016, 14:49 (2941 days ago) @ matt/pa

NM

I'm glad I didn't see this before it sold.

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Saturday, September 03, 2016, 20:49 (2941 days ago) @ matt/pa

The most perfect .357 N-frame ever made in my opinion.

I'm glad I didn't see this before it sold.

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, September 04, 2016, 20:06 (2940 days ago) @ Andrew

There's just something special about a 5" N Frame...

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Focus on ammo, focus on ammo... My little mantra to

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, September 06, 2016, 10:17 (2939 days ago) @ Slow Hand

help negotiate such temptations...;-) I was Just looking at an Alaskan S prefix 357 mag 5"... Oh man what a nice gun, even with 65 yeas of Alaskan use the lines shown through... even with the guy's name poorly scratched into the cylinder...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Yes, yes indeed.

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Wednesday, September 07, 2016, 18:21 (2937 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I need to lay in much much more 9mm and .223.

FYI...

by Byron, Wednesday, September 07, 2016, 20:10 (2937 days ago) @ Andrew

Buy it now. Buy a at lot of it. All you can.

5.56mm and 9mm is at its lowest price in years.

1000 rounds of high quality M193 is readily available for less than $350.00 and 9mm ball for $170.00. This is very cheap. If you have to borrow the money buy a bunch of it.

These prices will not last long.

Listen to this and pay attention. I may be wrong. I have been before (not often).

We shoot a lot here with a goal of 1000 rounds of mixed calibers per month carefully fired in a way that will improve both speed and accuracy. Some is fired as fast as the gun will go and some in very very careful slow fire but all in a way to improve our shooting.

The vast majority of this ammunition are reloads reloaded in the most efficient manner possible. Rifle brass is uniformed by Apex Brass in KC. They take the fired 5.56 and 7.62 brass and arsenal process it to new spec. 5.56mm is completely squared away ready to reload at $35.00/1000. Small base resized, decapped, pockets swedged, trimmed to length and mirror polished and ready to go. This is a real deal.

I dropped off 2 5 gallon buckets (8000 rounds) of 5.56mm brass to them 2 weeks ago and had the opportunity to visit with the owner of the business and he told be to get ready for a long term ammo shortage bigger than 2008 or 2013.

He said he had just bought 11,000 lbs of once fired 5.56mm brass at a local army base auction and then instantly resold it at a massive profit. He said that the wholesale price of his brass had increased 500% since the first of the year and that the sky was the limit.

He said the government is aggressively moving behind the scenes to shut down reloading and drive up both the available and cost of ammunition. The deal with the change in classification of "wetted nitrocellulose" is an example and this will continue unchecked. These are "regulations", not law. They are simple cooked up by the government with no need for oversight by congress. Unless there is a significant change in the winds that blow this will shut down reloading and skyrocket the price of factory pack ammo.

Buy primers and powder.

They can't touch the guns but they can shut off the ammo through regulation. He said 6 months to a year.

Trump will stop this if he is elected.

So.

Spend all you can to buy all the ammo you foresee that you may need for a real long time.

It will never be cheaper than it is right now and if Hillary is elected may be severely limited in the very near future. Regardless, you will have a bunch of ammo bought cheap and stacked deep.

Something to think about.

Byron

That is what I am hearing from within the ammunition Ind

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, September 08, 2016, 09:51 (2937 days ago) @ Byron

ustry. get it now, it will never be at this price again...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I agree...

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Friday, September 09, 2016, 09:29 (2936 days ago) @ Byron

My biggest mental block is I hate to trade a 'commodity' for a 'consumable'. I know, it's like buying another car when you can't fill up the tanks in the ones you have, but it's just the way I think.

I have a couple of 'new gun owners' at work and one asked me how much ammo I feel comfortable having on hand. I told her "one more box than I have!"

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Absolutely - and don't forget lead alloys if you cast.

by John K., Friday, September 09, 2016, 10:20 (2936 days ago) @ Byron

As much as you can buy and store. That is something that can go away via regulation also.

FYI...

by ~JM~, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 14:58 (2930 days ago) @ Byron

Would you mind listing the source of 9mm for $170?

Thank you
~JM~

ammoseek.com.....(nm)

by Ray L, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 15:53 (2930 days ago) @ ~JM~

Thanks. I'll Take A Look. (nm)

by ~JM~, Wednesday, September 14, 2016, 16:52 (2930 days ago) @ Ray L

RSS Feed of thread