Going to be a busy week

by ERSisk @, Saturday, August 13, 2016, 10:48 (2963 days ago)

Water on my street in Baker, LA has receded enough to start cleaning up. Called work told them I would not be in next week. Ordered a 14yard dumpster to be delivered Monday morning. Will be ripping out all flooring. Sandbagged front and back doors had a pump running and was looking OK until the sewer backed up and filled the house with an inch of water from the inside. All in all not in bad shape for 23+ inches of rain. Better off than a lot in the area that have no power and feet of water in homes.

Been praying for you folks all day.

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, August 13, 2016, 19:42 (2962 days ago) @ ERSisk

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

What a mess. Glad you are safe. NT

by Bryan @, Ft Worth, TX, Saturday, August 13, 2016, 22:52 (2962 days ago) @ ERSisk

-

Update

by ERSisk @, Sunday, August 14, 2016, 11:12 (2962 days ago) @ ERSisk

No water pressure in Baker now. Don't know how long it will be out but will have a "boil" order in place when it is restored no doubt. I'm better off than most, pond full of water so flushing is no problem, Pantry is pretty well stocked with canned goods, two cases of MRE's and 10 gallons of distilled water. I'm just an old pig farmer, formerly from Missouri "A country Boy Can Survive". Many, many others are much worse off than I and in need of prayer help. Going to finish mopping kitchen with pond water and Lysol after lunch.

Hope all goes well Ellis.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 11:38 (2960 days ago) @ ERSisk

Prayers for those in need.

RSS Feed of thread