Charles...Care to Comment?

by Drago, Thursday, August 11, 2016, 12:59 (2965 days ago)

Charles...Care to Comment?

by Big Six, Thursday, August 11, 2016, 23:00 (2964 days ago) @ Drago

I will.

God Bless Texas

shure

by Charles, Friday, August 12, 2016, 15:03 (2963 days ago) @ Drago
edited by Charles, Friday, August 12, 2016, 15:06

The article is basically correct. The Texas Division of the Sons of Confederate Veterans is very active. As you know at every turn people are trying to remove all vestiges of Confederate history. We are in an ongoing fight right now with folks trying to remove a monument to Jefferson Davis here in Brownsville. It has not gained much traction and the monument is not going to be moved.

We have experience allot of growth since this foolishness started when Niki Haily struck the Confederate colors on the state capitol grounds in South Carolina. I do not expect it to abate any time soon.

The memorial in question on the interstate near the Louisiana border was in the works before all of this began. It is on private property and will be a series of flag poles flying the various Confederate flags.

There is an effort by some to denigrate southern culture and heritage and cleanse the country from any memory or memorial of what was once the Confederate States of America.

I do dislike the use of term neo-Confederates. This is a term coined by the Southern Poverty Law Center and indicates a racist hate group, which the Sons of Confederate Veterans are not. By Federal law, Confederate graves are American veteran graves and all we do is seek to honor the memory of our ancestors who fought and died to prevent a 2.2 million man invading army from doing great harm to their families, farms, towns and cities.

God bless Texas and Dixie forever!

Amen, Charles

by Catoosa, Saturday, August 13, 2016, 09:46 (2963 days ago) @ Charles

Well spoken, and right on the mark.

Hang in there Charles..

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Saturday, August 13, 2016, 14:27 (2962 days ago) @ Charles

God bless you and keep fighting the good fight.

RSS Feed of thread