NO LONGER FS: LNIB SS takedown 10-22 ....

by John Meeker @, Sunday, August 07, 2016, 14:16 (2968 days ago)

Two ten round factory mags; one 30 round factory mag; one after market 25 rd mag. Complete with bag and factory box. Not threaded. About 100 rds thru it. Bought it for a friend, who's health I had hoped was going improve. That is not happening, and isn't going to happen. Later stage cancer. Soo.....It's not going to the 'new wife's' brood ....they could trash a granite boulder, and hurt someone in the process. Then, expect you 'fix it'.....

things are looking up!

FS: LNIB SS takedown 10-22 ....

by Brian A, Sunday, August 07, 2016, 14:54 (2968 days ago) @ John Meeker

Sorry to hear about your friend, prayers sent.

Prayers, indeed...

by John Meeker @, Sunday, August 07, 2016, 19:12 (2968 days ago) @ Brian A

He and Docs, didn't discover the disease until it was in his spine. Two months of 'treatment' at Ann Arbor, and he can't weigh much more that 80 lbs.... just disappearing. Known him close to forty years -- 'the kid', ;~') We joke about the "Life Express", and on a good day, can get him on the front porch of his house, to watch the big pond and it's citizens. His salvation is assured, but one has to kick the knee-mail for his temporal relief. We've got a good group of support friends, who informally make sure that visitors are a regular feature of the day.....if it is a day that he is up 'to it." He can still play his acoustic guitars, in a simple melody...and that's how I think of it all, myself,for our friendship.

Prayers, indeed...

by Brian A, Monday, August 08, 2016, 08:06 (2968 days ago) @ John Meeker

Sounds like a terrible way to exit this world, a slow and horrible torture, may God grant him peace and welcome him home with open arms when this trial is complete.

Just got back from visiting him...Took Chessies to his pond.

by John Meeker @, Monday, August 08, 2016, 14:22 (2967 days ago) @ Brian A

Old friends, those dogs, to him. He sat in the shade, and got to share 'the good wet dog" vibes. He actually looked better, than anytime since his home release. We all pray for that miracle, and perhaps the upswing will improve and continue.

by Brian A, Monday, August 08, 2016, 19:44 (2967 days ago) @ John Meeker

If home and Chessies cannot do it, God willing, nothing will. Definitely praying he beats the odds and the upswing continues.

by John Meeker @, Monday, August 08, 2016, 20:04 (2967 days ago) @ John Meeker

The Mike that answered the door, looked a lot more himself, than I have over the course of event. You could say, that he is back....apparently the RADS effect is fading. Much more himself, up and walking outdoors, and altogether a pleasant surprise. Last time i saw him, I was thinking my "goodbyes" . However, apparently it takes time for the body to recover from the 'blasts' of whatever chemicals the Docs used.

In the course of our conversation, I'm became pretty sure that he plans to resume the shooting and fishing, soonest as he is cleared for take-off. I guess "when the medicine works" and his rehab continues, that he could use that 10-22, after all. Until, then, it can stay in the 'armory'. As to it's future? That would be in Mike's hands, as was intended before, I got ornery-frosty.

In which case, better get that NFS post-hasted. Thanks for those prayers, and catch ya round.

10-22 ..NFS...keeping , as per post.here

by John Meeker @, Monday, August 08, 2016, 20:13 (2967 days ago) @ John Meeker

As far as wife's family? They don't count; I was pissed about some minutia. Compared to the fun of seeing Mike, running off 30rds as fast as you can twiddle the trigger -- Unknown futures are for fortune tellers....and their clients.

Very sorry to hear about your friend, John.

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Monday, August 08, 2016, 20:57 (2967 days ago) @ John Meeker

nt

Thank you; he is fighting and in the game....

by John Meeker @, Tuesday, August 09, 2016, 07:32 (2967 days ago) @ Sarge

That is an improvement over my last visit. I have always thought of him as a younger brother----who wasn't a PIA ;~`). The outlook has improved far more than I had thought it would. Apparently, there is a 'recovery' from the actual effects of chemo, and it certainly was a pleasant surprise to see him recovering in this manner.

Chemo is bad joo-joo.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, August 09, 2016, 07:48 (2967 days ago) @ John Meeker

The effects can drag a person down, a loooong ways. They can, and do, usually bounce back. I am happy for your "little brother" that he is on the 'up side'. They are poisons introduced to kill the cancers. Unfortunately, they have numerous side effects on the healthy bits. Having lived through it with Miss Beth, I was often left wondering if the cure was worse than the disease.

Please don't take the above as anti-chemo. It is probably the best tool in the toolbox but it can be disheartening sometimes and hard on the bystanders as well.

Prayers for your friend John. Hopefully many more days of Chessies and 22's.

Thank You.......your info coincides with the events...

by John Meeker @, Tuesday, August 09, 2016, 09:21 (2967 days ago) @ Hoot

Now, the hope is that...welll.... that's what we hope.

RSS Feed of thread