A Pair and a spare

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, August 04, 2016, 11:56 (2972 days ago)

Shooting two guns at once is silly to me, more for fun than a practical exercise. But, I have many times carried a 1911, or XDs on both sides. A broken wrist, that is now arthritic and occasionally gouty, forced me to look at options...

[image]
I have never intended this to be a practicle holster for self defence purposes, as the magazine is very slow and one must juggle the gun and mag to effect a reload...Mike Barranti posted a picture of a LEFT SIDE J frame holster with a single 1911 magazine pouch built into it... that gives a man some options!
It also reminded me of one of my products; The Field & Stream...
I made a left handed 1911 version and added our bolt on patent pending Inside the waistband (IWB) straps;
[image]
The spare; I have long followed Bill Jordan's advice and carried a back up gun in my off side front pocket... it gives a man some options: I can have my left hand in my pocket, on my gun, standing in the bank or grocery store. It's a rather casual look, but I have practiced this for years. It does not work well with skin tight jeans...it works great with business casual attire, dungarees, loose, light outdoor pants and shorts...
[image]
3 flat light and reliable pistols a Kimber Super Carry Custom , a Les baer/Colt Custom and a newer LCP.
[image]
during a recent 250 class at Gunsite, during the final exercise of the day, The West Wash, I went to slide lock on my right hand gun, my LCP came into play for weak hand 20 foot head shot. BTW I used my IWB Cuda pancake for the entire class, it was flawless.
Tiger McKee recently wrote about carrying two guns; in the climate in which we find ourselves today, I think the idea has merit.
http://www.thetacticalwire.com/features/230975

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Good idea.

by John K., Thursday, August 04, 2016, 13:31 (2971 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I have been considering it.

Thats the way I do it. one is none, two is one

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Thursday, August 04, 2016, 17:40 (2971 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Great looking guns and gear Rob.:-D

A Pair and a spare...

by Murphy @, Thursday, August 04, 2016, 19:51 (2971 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Long ago when we all carried revolvers, I served with the local PD for a year. I always toted a backup (ankle rig, etc).

During the winter months when a jacket was normal, I commonly carried 3 guns and thought nothing of it. Some of the other guys eyed me as being a little strange over that.

These days, I still often carry double. During cool weather I especially enjoy driving with a Jackass rig toting a 3" .357. My off side is an inside the waistband J frame.

Last year we had a group of thugs who were finally corralled after a several long month crime spree of home invasions, a well organized group of juveniles doing the bidding of a couple of others not much older than they. The two heading the ring drew time (Thank God). Sadly, the old group has apparently decided they got away with it once (slap on the wrists) and are back at it.

It spurred me to buy a Thunderwear holster last year. I once laughed at them, no more. I tend to put on gym shorts and a tee shirt in the evenings. A Kahr CW9 conceals extremely well wearing the Thunderwear.

Yep, a pair & a spare is never a bad thing.

Murphy

Good article Rob.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, August 05, 2016, 08:01 (2971 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Makes a feller think, it does.

Good article Rob.

by Big Six, Friday, August 05, 2016, 08:12 (2971 days ago) @ Hoot

If it was good enough for Roy Rogers ...

it's good enough for me.

BTW: Predators run in packs

"Predators run in packs"...how has this affected your EDC?

by Caz, Friday, August 05, 2016, 10:06 (2971 days ago) @ Big Six

nm

by Big Six, Friday, August 05, 2016, 11:32 (2971 days ago) @ Caz

"...how has this affected your EDC?"

Politely stated:

Tremendously

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, August 05, 2016, 12:35 (2971 days ago) @ Big Six

I carry more guns and ammo a gunshot wound kit and seek out training when ever the opportunity presents itself.

--

Have you got your "gun shot wound" kit boiled down to fit...

by Caz, Friday, August 05, 2016, 13:42 (2970 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

..in a pocket? I am running out of pockets!

yes...a personal first aid kit in a nylon pouch w/ RATS

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, August 05, 2016, 22:49 (2970 days ago) @ Caz

[image][image]
tourniquet and celox bandage... I have a bigger more comprehensive kit in my vehicles...

--

"Predators run in packs"..Yeppers!

by Caz, Friday, August 05, 2016, 13:33 (2970 days ago) @ Big Six

nm

Thanks Hoot!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, August 05, 2016, 08:15 (2971 days ago) @ Hoot

glad to share this.

--

RSS Feed of thread