Board oddity...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, July 14, 2016, 19:32 (2992 days ago)

Posted and suddenly found myself back in January. Every "refresh" brought me about 1-week closer to today. Clicked on "back to forum index" and found myself at an up-to-date board...

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Back to the Future?

by Brien1, Thursday, July 14, 2016, 19:59 (2992 days ago) @ Hobie

na

Board oddity...

by LAH @, Thursday, July 14, 2016, 21:28 (2992 days ago) @ Hobie

Just happen to me also.

What browser were you running?

by Paul ⌂, Thursday, July 14, 2016, 21:37 (2992 days ago) @ Hobie

Were you able to duplicate the issue in a different browser?

With Win10 issues in my office I'm almost reduced to "it's magic!" to describe how computers work (or don't). I guess if they DON'T work, it's black magic, someone hexed you. :shocked:

On the other hand, that made me break out the old Linux box and get some things done instead of merely :banghead:

Firefox

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, July 15, 2016, 06:16 (2992 days ago) @ Paul

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

That's odd...I have no probs on my Macbook with Firefox...

by Caz, Friday, July 15, 2016, 10:28 (2992 days ago) @ Hobie

...JUST KIDDING! Been doing the same thing here.

Firefox here too.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, July 15, 2016, 11:27 (2992 days ago) @ Hobie

'Back to the forum index' nearly always (recently) takes me to Page 2. Earlier in the week, the page index 'said' it was Page 1 but it was really Page 2. Selecting any other page and then selecting Page 1, brought it all back to current postings.

Not too big of a deal really but a bit of a PITA.

Okeydoke, was able to duplicate it in Firefox...

by Paul ⌂, Friday, July 15, 2016, 12:19 (2992 days ago) @ Hobie

hadn't installed Firefox in ages so downloaded and loaded it up. Got it to go to the second page of the index by clicking on "Back to the forum index". Reloading took me to a further back page of the index each time, just as you reported. Weird.

But I'll mark it up to a Firefox issue instead of the forum as I've not been able to duplicate the problem in either Chrome or Opera. Haven't tried the native windows browser(whatever it's called now), nor will I. :-D

Clicking on the text "The Frontier Sixshooter Community Message Board" at the top of the screen takes me back to the first (most recent) page of the index even in Firefox. Firefox apparently has some kind of issue with the "Back to the forum index" link. This issue is not replicated by the other major browsers and can be skipped by using the forum name as the way to return to the main index.

Hope this is informative, if not helpful. :-D

similar oddity here

by bj @, Saturday, July 16, 2016, 16:22 (2990 days ago) @ Hobie

(running Firefox)
I go to my book mark, see topics related to 9mm, enter a post, and it takes me to a different era. I didn't notice the dates but trying to replicate it I went into a thread and hit the button "back to forum index" and it took me to July 2. Hit refresh and I end up in June, etc. Go back to my bookmark and everyting is fine.

Definitely a Firefox issue. At least I've

by Paul ⌂, Monday, July 18, 2016, 10:16 (2989 days ago) @ bj

not been able to replicate such behavior with other browsers.

RSS Feed of thread