Recommend for AR foldaways on my scoped 18"

by OH-John Meeker @, Wednesday, July 06, 2016, 14:32 (3001 days ago)

These neeed not be sniper quality, It's just for the AR tha I have set up with a decent scope for varmiting plinker..not tactical at all. But, always handy to have back-ups that are good for a clear sight picture on a center-body shot or shillywet target out to coupla hunnert yards.

Used ones acceptable, BTW.

Around here, anymore, most chucks and such are different and closer range gain than the traditional farm layout. It's dang near walk-em up, the way new housing and development have cut up the old farm countryside.

As well, just as matter of sounding out 'availability'. I have a spare lower to be put to use as a duty "house" gun. If anyone has a plain complete upper with a 16 1/2" bbl that is gathering dust, and can still cycle a round and spin the bullet. This gets a laser and 'hot' narrow flashlight.

No floggin' hurry, tho. Will be more or less out of much tramping around for the next four months, anyway. Seems I popped a nice hernia, along with a pretty intestinal infection. Doc ses "cheese it with the doin's". Seems he thinks this is nothing to Dee around with,so "I'll Beleive1"

As per usual, any alll improvements, criticisms, suggestions and other here to fore unknown by me items -- are always welcome..

Cheers

Recommend for AR foldaways on my scoped 18"

by Byron, Wednesday, July 06, 2016, 14:50 (3001 days ago) @ OH-John Meeker

Magpuls are about as good as anything.

You will note that almost BUIS will have some give to them and most can not be counted on to hold a hard zero.

Still, they will work well enough for the girls that we go with.

I would place more importance on a really solid telescope and mount that you can count on holding up to anything other than intentional abuse.

Anyway, I use Magpul.

Cheers,

Byron

What Byron says holds true for me.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, July 06, 2016, 15:38 (3000 days ago) @ Byron

:-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Nikon 1X4 and rail-to-rail contact on the scope/rec connect.

by OH-John Meeker @, Wednesday, July 06, 2016, 18:07 (3000 days ago) @ Byron

Have had the lower-power for a bit. About right for the fence rows still left here'n there. And.... snooping woods-edge, deep drainage ditches, etc.

RSS Feed of thread