New CA gun regs.

by Robb Barnes, Saturday, July 02, 2016, 00:36 (3005 days ago)

Well it looks like Governor Moonbeam signed 6 new gun restriction laws into effect in CA this week. Apparently limiting mag capacity to 10 round was not sufficient. Now it sounds like you have to show ID and be entered into a data base whenever you buy ammunition. I am not sure what the other 4 laws were but I am sure they are not any better. Oh and no grand father clause on the mags, you own them, you "have to turn them in". Curious to see how THAT works for them.

New CA gun regs.

by Bob Hatfield @, Saturday, July 02, 2016, 06:40 (3005 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

Couldn't you send them to a friend out of state. Would it be illegal to mail them from Kalifornia? I'd dang sure give them away to someone at the Nevada border before I'd give them to the authorities. Or bury them

Bob

New CA gun regs.

by uncowboy, Saturday, July 02, 2016, 07:34 (3005 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

BLOCK THEM?????

New CA gun regs.

by Drago, Saturday, July 02, 2016, 16:05 (3005 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

Simple possession of a normal capacity magazine is outlawed effective 7/1/17.Options are send out of state, destroy them, sell them ot a licensed gun dealer, or surrender them.

New CA gun regs.

by Drago, Saturday, July 02, 2016, 16:26 (3005 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

"Bullet buttoned" AR's and AK's are now considered "assault rifles" and are not to be sold in California Those already sold are to required to be registered by 1/1/2018.

Ammunition purchases will require background checks. Ammunition can only be sold by licensed vendors. Internet and mail order sales can only go to licensed vendors. No direct delivery. No out of state purchases brought in by individuals. For example I couldn;t drive to Arizona, buy ammo and bribg it back into the state....legally.

Limitation on loaning a firearm. With certain exceptions, you can't loan your buddy a gun only an immediate family member.

False reporting of lost or stolen firearms with a 10 year ban on firearms ownwership upon conviction.

Wonderful how they can just toss your Rights out the window

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, July 02, 2016, 17:57 (3005 days ago) @ Drago

I just pray during the massive influx of Californians, that they remember WHY they moved to a more free place...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Wonderful how they can just toss your Rights out the window

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, July 02, 2016, 18:48 (3005 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Until we get our children out of the leftist training facilities called public schools, we will not win. We have to train the next generation with concepts of freedom and work.

Yes sir! Absolutly correct.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, July 02, 2016, 19:15 (3005 days ago) @ Cherokee

Public school is indoctrination, not education.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

New CA gun regs.

by Mark, Sunday, July 03, 2016, 07:58 (3004 days ago) @ Robb Barnes

It sounds like CA got New York's (un)SafeAct. Register so-called assault weapons, no internet ammo sales, no more private gun transactions, etc. We had to turn in or sell magazines over 10 rounds (initially, it was 7). How did it work? Law is still in effect. All court cases found it legal (with the exception of the 7 round mag limit). With the recent changes to the Supreme Court, no one wants to try their luck there either.
Trump claims that he wants to save the 2nd Amendment but there is little to save here.
I feel bad for you folks in CA but little was done from those in other states to help NY gun owners. The NRA did nothing with the influx of new members. These sort of "sensible" gun laws that were written to copy NY and CT laws are spreading across our country fast. I hope the trend stops soon.

New CA gun regs.

by Jared, Sunday, July 03, 2016, 14:04 (3004 days ago) @ Mark

I agree that the NRA and other groups could have tried to do more, but what do you expect citizens of other states to do for you? It is your state and the people in office are the ones that put those laws in place.

If unconstitutional laws like that were passed in my home state I would fully expect the people to fight for their rights. I wouldn't expect someone from another state to stand up for me.

New CA gun regs.

by Mark, Sunday, July 03, 2016, 17:52 (3004 days ago) @ Jared

Jared,
You are very right. Many people in NY claim to want these laws. What do I want from people in other states? The same that NY'ers do for Liberal causes such as this http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/ny-governor-andrew-cuomo-bans-non-essenti... . Why don't other state governors take similar measures when the 2nd Amendment is at stake?
What should the NRA do? Flood our court system with competent lawyers (example here http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/08/nra-will-sue-california-if-gov-brown-signs-anti-gun-b... ). The NRA has grassroots organizations to nip the bud off of this sort attack on the 2nd Amendment.

RSS Feed of thread