Seeking any feedback on Northern Precision, Custom Swaged

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, June 02, 2016, 12:33 (3035 days ago)

Bullets out of Carthage, NY.

Fella has a fair pile of .416" projectiles but no other information.

Mr. Google turns up only references to the bullets but no company web-page. Any information regarding quality, performance or links to the company would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Seeking any feedback on Northern Precision, Custom Swaged

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Thursday, June 02, 2016, 13:21 (3035 days ago) @ Hoot

Seems they had a webpage once but that's all I have.

I remember reading about them a bit in the late 90's....

by cas, Thursday, June 02, 2016, 17:23 (3035 days ago) @ Hoot

In one of the gun mags... probably Handloader, maybe Rifle as well. Seemed to get a decent write up for what that's worth.

I sent for literature, I remember they were expensive, relatively speaking, so I never bought any. They were one of (if not the only) source for .512" JHP's.... but I didn't have my 500L yet, it was still a dream then.

Oddly enough, I read mention of them just yesterday.... http://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3646077864/m/8680050386

He wasn't thrilled with the ones they sent, or with how they ended. (I assume they're long out of business)

IIRC they offered the jackets in different thicknesses, so expansion/lack there of/over expansion probably depended a great deal on what your ordered.

Neat post. Thank you.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, June 03, 2016, 05:21 (3034 days ago) @ cas

The pictures, descriptions and box markings make me think of early Barnes bullets with jacket thickness defined, etc. He wants just under $1/ea but then .416 anythings tend to be spendy. I'll cogitate on it and we'll see.

Thanks again.

RSS Feed of thread