Camera Help

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Thursday, June 02, 2016, 08:27 (3035 days ago)

I want a Go Pro or ??? with a head/helmet/cap mount & a dash mount. Know nothing of these things so seeking advice please. Thanks guys.

Camera Help

by Paul ⌂, Thursday, June 02, 2016, 10:22 (3035 days ago) @ Creeker

You can get a good set of straps and other attachment options using Amazon.com. I picked up two different sets with more attachment options than I'll ever use - for about the same as one attachment option sold under the GoPro brand.

I'm not sure about current offerings, picked up a GoPro Hero 3+ silver last year on clearance at a Wallyworld somewhere along our wanderings. We also picked up a Brunton extended battery pack on Amazon which gives me hours and hours of uninterrupted video if so desired. It's big and bulky that way, but still water resistant (wouldn't take it underwater, but is fine for use in the rain on the motorcycle).

It's a learning process. You can download their video editing program for free or use other options if you prefer.

Camera Help

by ~JM~, Thursday, June 02, 2016, 10:33 (3035 days ago) @ Creeker

I have a GoPro Hero 3+

These little cameras do not have a view finder to sight through to see what the camera is pointed at. I bought an LCD touch screen back-pack accessory so I can see what is going on. The 3+ & newer models have WiFi ability that allows you to view & operate the camera by downloading an app to your smart phone. Plus there is a small remote that is included with the camera. I have never used this feature, but I can see how it could be useful.

Shop Amazon for the camera & accessories. Pick up the largest memory chip that you can find, one or two extra battery packs, several various mounts & a nice waterproof Pelican style carrying case to store it all in.

Good luck
~JM~

HAHA! Creaker!

by cas, Thursday, June 02, 2016, 17:37 (3035 days ago) @ ~JM~
edited by cas, Thursday, June 02, 2016, 17:51

http://www.amazon.com/nabi-Square-Camera-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B00EUTV1L4

I bought one of these on a WOOT sale two years ago for about the same price. Made as a kids camera, but the video quality is just dandy, especially for the price. I didn't know they were discontinued. (I was just telling someone else about the brand at work today) The link shows ONE in stock.. If you don't buy it, I might.

My only real complaint is it has a start up chime. So when you turn it on it plays a few notes, not good for trying to turn it on quiet in the woods. Comes with a few mounts, waterproof case and a remote.

Two videos I shot with it. First one on a painters pole. (oops.. clicked something I didn't mean to click and now this video is all herky-jerky. Maybe when it's done processing it will be okay)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmbIEnonVAs

The second hand held, though the first part is hazy due to the case fogging up a little. First time I ever used it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXWVTQ06COM

RSS Feed of thread