New Service Target crisp bore great action 45 colt

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, May 26, 2016, 21:57 (3041 days ago)
edited by Rob Leahy, Thursday, May 26, 2016, 22:15

Project gun; re install micro front sight blade and shoot it![image]

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

New Service Target crisp borev great action 45 colt

by Brian A, Thursday, May 26, 2016, 22:10 (3041 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

That looks like a great deal of fun! Hope you post some range reports.

Swanky! Love the old target guns.

by Bryan Pettet @, Thursday, May 26, 2016, 22:48 (3041 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

That's a little too classy for you bro. Bring it to Raton.

Cool!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, May 27, 2016, 05:03 (3041 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

The NS always felt like a 'big ol' gun' in my hands but, in truth, it isn't much different than the N-frame. I've never figured out why it seems larger. I like it though. I have long wanted a NS in .45 Colt. A target version would just be so much gravy.

There was a long running auction for a cased pair in .455 Eley a while back. The price point was where I had no business lusting after them.

Love it!

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Friday, May 27, 2016, 06:22 (3041 days ago) @ Hoot

Haven't had a chance to shoot the one I picked up a few weeks ago yet. Too busy dodging tornados and dealing with flooding!

Pictures please...flooding and tornadoes.We get dust devils

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, May 27, 2016, 09:34 (3041 days ago) @ Wildcat

and drizzles... move west young man!

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Friday, May 27, 2016, 13:02 (3041 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Posted this a few weeks ago:

[image]

by Brian A, Saturday, May 28, 2016, 00:45 (3040 days ago) @ Wildcat

Very cool, that is the same configuration of the one my Grandfather had. Have fond memories of shooting it off the front porch of his old farm house as a kid of about 12. It was huge in my hands but is one of the big reasons I still have a fascination with double action revolvers.

by jgt, Friday, May 27, 2016, 11:13 (3041 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

There was a time I had a pair of those. One 45 Colt, the other 44 special. Both 5". I really thought long and hard before putting them back into circulation. My problem with them is the distance from the back strap to the trigger was too large for my hands. My desire to own them overtook my misgiving at purchase, but there came a time I had to face the truth. They were never going to fit my hands. Congratulations. What a fine shooting tool to have in your battery. Skeeter loved um too.

by Boge Quinn, Sunday, May 29, 2016, 14:55 (3039 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Now THAT is a COOL sixgun!

RSS Feed of thread