S&W Shield fans...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, May 23, 2016, 05:47 (3045 days ago)

I have handled them but do not own one. This may change that....

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/mp-sheild-45-acp/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=2016...

S&W Shield fans...

by MS @, Southern Michigan, Monday, May 23, 2016, 08:04 (3045 days ago) @ Hoot

I'd like top see one side by side with a Kahr P-45.
If the 45 works as well as the 9mm version, they should sell a boatload of them.

S&W Shield fans...

by Otony, Monday, May 23, 2016, 08:36 (3045 days ago) @ Hoot

If there are no teething problems, this is a BIG game changer. Glock 36 sales dropped almost completely in our shop when the XDs came out, and I predict that this will cause XDs sales to undergo a similar slump.

Otony

S&W Shield fans...

by John Meeker @, Maumee Ohio, Monday, May 23, 2016, 09:33 (3045 days ago) @ Otony

Concealability compared to the 9MM, will be a point of interest. The Nine seems to have cornered the market, for now.

S&W Shield fans...

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Monday, May 23, 2016, 17:48 (3045 days ago) @ Otony

I know several XDs owners who say they are gentle recoiling for a compact .45. I feel the same way about the Sheild 9mm, so I'm excited to see if the .45 Shield continues that trend!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

If they had those a while back might not have bought my XDS

by stonewalrus, Monday, May 23, 2016, 18:58 (3045 days ago) @ Slow Hand

The 45 XDS are right stout to shoot but controllable. Anybody who has done a fair amount of shooting would be fine but definitely not a "first gun."?I would not want to run a hundred or so rounds through one in a session. They are definitely concealable to the point of being a pocket gun if the pocket cut is right. Definitely better than the fatter Smith M&P Compact I have in 9 mm.

S&W Shield fans... Get a couple... I really like the 9mm

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, May 23, 2016, 09:28 (3045 days ago) @ Hoot

Shields that I have owned... I recommend them to all my students and friends... I did some head to head testing of a XS sighted 9mm Shield and a G42 , also with XS big dot sights... the Shield was much easier to make hits with and more comfortable to shoot. It feels more like a Service sized gun in the hand...the Glurk went down the road, Jan carries the Shield. I had one 40, not a fan of it's snappy recoil... my 3.3 and 4.0 45 XDs both have less felt recoil than the 40 Shield... the 9mm seems to be the way to go ... NEVER thought I would say that, ever...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

S&W Shield fans... Get a couple... I really like the 9mm

by John Meeker @, Maumee Ohio, Monday, May 23, 2016, 09:36 (3045 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

....your report would seem to indicate waiting for some feedback, before putting up the Green. There may be a good temporary buyers market for Nines, tho.... ;~`)

Palmetto State Armory has the 9mm for 330.00

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, May 23, 2016, 10:10 (3045 days ago) @ John Meeker

almost every weekend.

--

they didn't have the Shield yet when I bought my M&P Compact

by stonewalrus, Monday, May 23, 2016, 20:25 (3045 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Or I would probably have one. Of course I bought the compact dirt cheap slightly used so it was still a good deal and will take the full size 17 round magazines.

Harumph! A Star PD is thinner and lighter.

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Monday, May 23, 2016, 23:01 (3045 days ago) @ Hoot

And... A Glock 19 is only a teeeeeeenie bit bigger, but has a 16 round payload.

Get off my lawn!

True both.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 06:05 (3044 days ago) @ Andrew

But I might actually be able to find the S&W. PD's are few and far between here'bouts. I might also argue in favor of the Shield's trigger but I've done no head-to-head comparisons.

Truth is I have several .45's all of which get carried on rotation...well, not the big round ones, in a concealed role anyway. Kind of like Rob, I find the LC9s gets the nod more and more frequently.

If only the Star PD was still in production

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 11:06 (3044 days ago) @ Andrew

you old coot (In training)

--

RSS Feed of thread