Old meets new. Tech that is.

by cas, Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 18:18 (3051 days ago)

[image]

[image]

[image]

250gr Auto Rim loads too. ;-)

Oh my...

by Brian A, Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 20:17 (3051 days ago) @ cas

That is an air-lite I could get real excited about.

Huh...interesting. NT

by Bryan Pettet @, Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 20:18 (3051 days ago) @ cas

-

The made a 4 inch version too.

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Tuesday, May 17, 2016, 21:39 (3050 days ago) @ cas

Very short period of time that it was available though. I don't see them ever become available.

Nice popper.....bet it loks real good from the muzzle end...

by John Meeker @, Maumee Ohio, Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 06:00 (3050 days ago) @ cas

For a while I bought those grip adapters, when they were ine table holder's 'trash tray' and languishing unappreciated. Eventually, at least locally, they got 'rediscovered' and like all the old accessories now languish in the ubiquitous lidded glass cases, with plumb prices on them. And, yup, I use them on my j & K frames with the factory stocks. Or,for the well-worn old 442, a Barami Hip Grip -- which also used to be a regular junk box find.

I miss the days of rummage and dig for bargains at shows. yeah, there still is 'stuff' to be found. However, given the 'new info age', and hand-held 'immediate research', the tables are different story for the ancient and cranky sorts of us scanning for such delights. Still, happy to be here and still having feet on the floor. Off to a Chesapeake conformation gig, which formal showing stuff, has also taken some turns for a less collegial atmosphere, as apparently the "Survivor Show" mentality is the new paradigm for a younger set. Yeah, it's always been tough sledding with good breeders, but courtesy in and out of the ring was expected, given and received: 'Manners', as they were once known.

Better get into the second pot of coffee, which helps me walk out into a new Century, and to not have so much time to dwell on a past culture of civility and real education. Thank goodness for such gathering spots as this, and certain areas and demographics where courtesy and actual facts still have value. Youse fellas are a pret' good lot, and I feel fortunate to have made your acquaintance and share the fellowship of Sixgunners. Now, off to the races, albeit at at a moderate walk.

Old meets new. Tech that is.

by Catoosa, Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 09:44 (3050 days ago) @ cas

Just recently put my next-to-last one on a resurrected Colt Police Positive Special. My gunsmith dug a set of the old plastic fake stags out of his junk box when he put the gun back together, and the combination looks 1950s as all get out. I too used to paw through junk boxes for those adapters, both Pach and Tyler. Still do, but I rarely find them anymore.

It's really hard to believe that some of the common stuff of my childhood years is now valuable antiques. Come to think of it, I guess I am an antique too, just not so valuable.....

i bought the adapter on EBay fairly cheap.

by cas, Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 14:03 (3050 days ago) @ Catoosa

Though still twice the price marked on the box. :D

Seller seemed to have a lot more, I probably should have grabbed another. I really wanted a Tyler, but didn't want to spend the going price without knowing if I'd like it on tha gun.

Like that

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 21:55 (3049 days ago) @ cas

RSS Feed of thread