Contary 41 caliber pt.2

by Gunner @, St Louis, Sunday, May 15, 2016, 10:35 (3053 days ago)

The 41 Special strikes again............

This year at the annual hog hunt I decided to chase rams instead of hogs. Was planning on taking a typical Corsican Ram but after scouting for almost two hours we spotted a Painted Desert Ram. Guide is talking about the nice horns and I am looking at the body color and hair length, I really liked it, half second after the guide gave the OK I was bailing out of the truck setting up the stalk. Worked my way toward the ram using a big double trunk tree as cover, pulled the Clements Custom 41 Special flattop, aimed behind the left shoulder from 30 yards and triggered a Speer 200 gr half jacketed hollow point. Upon impact the ram turned left and ran about 40 yards, stopped, stumbled around a bit, did a 180 with it's neck and horn planted in the dirt, my hunt was over.....

[image]

TomC was hunting with me chasing rams as well and took a really nice chocolate shaggy ram.......

[image]

He's been having issues seeing open sights the last few years and brought his trusty Encore in 30-06 instead of the 41 Mag Blackhawk. Funny thing is he was setup to take a long shot with the scope TC and ended up taking the shortest distance shot of the whole weekend, hit the ram from about 20-25 feet.

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

Nice report. Congrats. NT

by Bryan Pettet @, Sunday, May 15, 2016, 21:09 (3053 days ago) @ Gunner

-

RSS Feed of thread