It's a good Monday when...

by Bryan Pettet @, Monday, April 25, 2016, 16:17 (3073 days ago)

you pick up 2 guns you've never owned before. Got my first 03A3 today. Should have had one 20 years ago but just never got around to it. Nice clean example. No plans to mod it. Want to get the sights sorted with match quality ammo and then just enjoy it at longer ranges.

The second item is my first Ruger Maximum. It's 7 1/2" and is a clean example of the breed. This one will not stay as is. I've decided to get the one .500 I've not owned yet. This will be a .500 Max. Clements and Bowen don't make them anymore. I don't send guns to Reeder. Linebaugh has a LONG wait and is higher than I want to pay.

I'm going to go with Huntington. It will be similar to this one...Bisley parts, blued, barrel banded sight (but most likely Bowen not the ramped style here), Bowen rear sight and custom grips. Pondering the barrel length and any other options.
[image]

There you go!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 06:03 (3072 days ago) @ Bryan Pettet

Agonizing over one's options is fraught with that whole 'pain/pleasure' thing. I am amazed at folks who have a very clear vision of what they want and aren't confused with the "well, maybe if I..." bit.

JRH probably has the best prices along with wait times too

by AkRay, Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 15:06 (3072 days ago) @ Bryan Pettet

He's also come up with a gripframe mod that should take a lot of the knuckle sting out of the gun too.

Interesting that you would say grip frame mod...

by Bryan Pettet @, Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 16:11 (3072 days ago) @ AkRay

Ray, have you seen or used his modified BH grip frame? I'm looking for examples of that and he doesn't have photos up on his website yet about it. He says it's great. I have no idea.

Guilty

by cr., Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 20:52 (3072 days ago) @ Hoot

Of that very thing...to a point. But once I get my arms around how I want to do something it is full steam ahead, no second guessing at that point with barely a regret.

JRH probably has the best prices along with wait times too

by cr., Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 20:59 (3072 days ago) @ AkRay

Excellent write up with pictures in Prasac's Ruger Revolvers book.

Yes, I have that book. NT

by Bryan Pettet @, Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 21:33 (3072 days ago) @ cr.

-

RSS Feed of thread