First range trip. Attn Byron!

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, April 24, 2016, 18:02 (3074 days ago)

Jenny and Luke had something to do today so I took our 5 year old, Wyatt to the range today. I fell into a speed trap on the way there, so it wasn't a good way to start, but he did excellent! We talked about the four rules just a few days back and went back over them on the 45 minute trip down. He shot the little red dotted chipmunk with CCI shorts and then subsonic a and dos cery well. He had one of the Outers 'monster' targets we got a few weeks back and perforated it. Then I had him shoot on a smaller, 1/2 size silhouette steel at about 15 yards. I think he did damned good!!

[image]

Th monster target

[image]

He also shot some .38's through his Marlin 1894 Cowboy model. It was way too long and heavy for him to hold up and the stock was too long but he did dos very well. He shot a water filled milk just with the .22 and thought it was pretty cool. He about flipped out when I blew it apart with a hot 180 gr hollow point load! Luckily we had another hug and he blasted it with a hot load and again was very excited! He did very well and was safe and listened to me. He also shot my 22/45 woth a suppressor and small red dot and did very well with it as well (with dad helping to hold it).

Byron, I forgot to get any pics of him shooting the Marlin, but we appreciate this one just as much as the carbine that Luke has. You can rest assured that they will be enjoyed for another generation!

He was very excited about coming back and kept asking when he will be big enough to go hunting with me! One proud papa; for sure!!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Pretty damn cool...congrats to you both.

by John Meeker @, Maumee Ohio, Sunday, April 24, 2016, 18:06 (3074 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Lucky guys... ;~`)

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Sunday, April 24, 2016, 19:00 (3074 days ago) @ Slow Hand

A day to remember...for both of you.

Now that's just slick. Very nice. NT

by Bryan Pettet @, Sunday, April 24, 2016, 19:12 (3074 days ago) @ Slow Hand

-

Good job Wyatt!!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, April 24, 2016, 19:40 (3074 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Keep up the good work and we'll see you in the fall. I can think of a couple things to bring along for you...

He did good

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Monday, April 25, 2016, 06:27 (3073 days ago) @ Slow Hand

by Big Six, Monday, April 25, 2016, 11:31 (3073 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Wonderful...

persevere

It is a pleasure...

by Byron, Monday, April 25, 2016, 12:27 (3073 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Cheers,

Who needs video games

by cr., Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 21:14 (3072 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Great to see him getting off to a good start. Not just the shooting but the sense of family and learned values. Good job!

RSS Feed of thread