Understanding the Elderly

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 09:24 (3078 days ago)

Old people can be nice. They were raised that way. They were also raised to take care of their person. To wit:

Police: Intruder fatally shot at Fairmont home

FAIRMONT (AP) — Police say a Fairmont homeowner has shot two intruders, killing one of them.

Fairmont police said in a statement that the 80-year-old homeowner told officers a woman wanted to use his phone for an emergency early Tuesday. After the woman was let inside, two men followed her and demanded items. One of them pulled out a pellet or BB gun. The homeowner then shot the men.

The statement says 28-year-old Larry Shaver of Fairmont was pronounced dead at the scene, while 28-year-old John Grossklaus of Fairmont was in fair condition at a hospital with a gunshot wound. Charges against Grossklaus are pending.

The statement says 23-year-old Whitney Renay Kabiru was charged with robbery and conspiracy. She was held in the North Central Regional Jail.

The homeowner’s name wasn’t released.

Too bad that spirit seems to be dying out.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 20:52 (3078 days ago) @ Creeker

Good on her!

That spirit will come back pretty quickly once the feces

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, April 21, 2016, 08:37 (3077 days ago) @ Hoot

hits the air mover and history tells us that won't be long in coming.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Fingers crossed...I believe so too Hobie.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, April 21, 2016, 08:42 (3077 days ago) @ Hobie

It's sometimes depressing where we currently are though.

Fingers crossed...I believe so too Hobie.

by Big Six, Thursday, April 21, 2016, 11:24 (3077 days ago) @ Hoot

Try looking at things this way:

I'm alright...

The world is all wrong.

That spirit will come back pretty quickly once the feces

by Catoosa, Thursday, April 21, 2016, 12:04 (3077 days ago) @ Hobie

Certainly hope you are right, Hobie. We are in for some bad times, and only the strong will survive.

Understanding the Elderly

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 22:02 (3077 days ago) @ Creeker

Score a win for the good guys.

RSS Feed of thread