Wolves

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 19:45 (3100 days ago)
edited by Art, Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 14:58

Was up in Wyoming for Easter. It was reported on the Casper T.V. news that 16 Elk were killed I think between Pindale and Jackson by a pack of wolves and that not one was eaten. Also, the moose population is being severly depleted by them. Our moose in Colorado are rapidly expanding and we have no wolves except a couple who have traveled the length of Wyoming to get here. Sure hope those hippies can't advance their wolf agenda here. I would be very tempted to take one out if I was by my lonsome and ran into one. I mean a wolf and not a hippie. Then again!!

Art

Yep...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 10:56 (3099 days ago) @ Art

could happen... should happen...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Yep...

by Big Six, Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 12:01 (3099 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

on a similar note...

We have here in KY a relatively new (here) species of buzzard (vultures) for the city folks.

They are greater in number than the turkey buzzards we have always enjoyed but they are causing problems.

They are not bald like our native buzzards, have larger beaks and feet/claws resembling eagles.

They are attacking and killing newborn calves in large numbers unlike our old turkey buzzards which I have never seen kill anything.

My neighbor recently beat several off a newborn calf with a tobacco stick but the calf was badly injured. Lost another calf by being a few minutes late.

He asked me to shoot them when I see them but being the law abiding type I said I would think about it. (illegal here in KY)

They are only slightly smaller than the turkey buzzard and literally swarm at times like crows.

Never were around 10+ years ago.

Yep...

by Bob Hatfield @, Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 16:31 (3099 days ago) @ Big Six

A dairy farmer near me was telling me about them ther new buzzards. He said they will eat the eyballs out of a newborn calf first. SSS principal would apply here.

Bob

Yep...

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 17:58 (3099 days ago) @ Bob Hatfield

You probably know this but a wolf or even a coyote starts eating a live deer or in the wolf's case an elk from the rear. And they say us hunters are a mean bunch to shoot these game animals. Would they rather have these predators cull the heards or us hunters.

Art

Wolves

by DiamondD, Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 17:48 (3099 days ago) @ Art

Shoot, Shovel, Shut Up, Repeat!

Wolves

by Bob Hatfield @, Thursday, March 31, 2016, 16:05 (3098 days ago) @ DiamondD

Delete the shovel. Buzzards got to eat same as worms. Seems I heard that before?

RSS Feed of thread