When I was in the 7th grade

by uncowboy, Monday, March 21, 2016, 16:01 (3108 days ago)

I handled my First Star PD 45 semi auto and It felt very good in my hand :-P , It was light by 1975 standards. I always wanted one. My friend came home with one and I told him it was mine when he wanted to sell. Needless to say he sold it out from me:-( . So I never found one to buy ,NOT that I hunted hard for one just thought I would trip over one along the way. One of my friends passed and he had a like new one he never shot but it was a house gun. When I helped find all the guns the star and two others were no where to be found:-( . Last week my friends widow called and said she found the star and today 40 some years later I own a Star PD:-D . Of coarse the range is closed for a month for maintenance. Can't wait:-P . J.Michael

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Monday, March 21, 2016, 17:09 (3108 days ago) @ uncowboy

I love a great ending! congrats. that's a nice little gun.:-D

That is wonderful!

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, March 21, 2016, 17:14 (3108 days ago) @ uncowboy

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Excellent! I also have a question for you....

by Bryan Pettet @, Monday, March 21, 2016, 18:07 (3108 days ago) @ uncowboy

What wadcutter guns did you recently get?

Patience pays off...

by Brian A, Monday, March 21, 2016, 19:24 (3108 days ago) @ uncowboy

Hope to see some range reports when you get a chance to take it out.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Monday, March 21, 2016, 19:36 (3108 days ago) @ uncowboy

Star PD is a great little 45 ACP. I have had one for many years and have enjoyed shooting it. It was my carry gun way back then and I'm glad I never had to use it for such. At my age now the recoil is a little much for me so I don't shoot it as well but I don't think I'll part with it. Also have some spare mags which are hard to find today. I'm sure you will like it, it shoots anything I feed it, jacketed and various cast.

Shoot it in yer backyard

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Monday, March 21, 2016, 20:56 (3108 days ago) @ uncowboy

.:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Check the recoil buffer.

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Monday, March 21, 2016, 21:56 (3108 days ago) @ uncowboy
edited by Andrew, Monday, March 21, 2016, 22:00

They get brittle with age, and they are an integral part of the guide rod. I got a few from a guy off Gunbroker, search for Star PD buffers (plural).

Excellent! I also have a question for you....

by uncowboy, Tuesday, March 22, 2016, 09:18 (3107 days ago) @ Bryan Pettet

Pair of vintage S&W 62's one with the frame weight That one went to Matt. First time he shot it he was hooked.

Nice. WC gun is on my short list.NT

by Bryan Pettet @, Tuesday, March 22, 2016, 11:03 (3107 days ago) @ uncowboy

-

RSS Feed of thread