AWA Single actions

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Saturday, March 12, 2016, 10:31 (3117 days ago)

One of these is on consignment at my store. Looks to be in excelent condition. 4 5/8 inch 357. I do not know any thing about this make. Any good? Should I be interestsd?

I have on in 45 colt.Real case hardened frame not colored

by ERSisk @, Saturday, March 12, 2016, 11:56 (3117 days ago) @ Art

If every thing is tight it is IMO an excellent quality SAA clone. Mine new out of the box had more, base pin / cylinder bushing, play than I liked so I hand fit a new Bushing. It is now a great shooter. I haven't shot it a lot maybe 2k rounds of my standard 45 Colt load (RCBS SAA-45-270, WW, @ 850/900 fps). It is still tight. If memory serves I replaced the flat trigger spring with a wire spring while I had it opened up, and ordered a spare cylinder bolt and hand which I have not used. Long Story Short, I like mine.

I have on in 45 colt.Real case hardened frame not colored

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Saturday, March 12, 2016, 15:13 (3117 days ago) @ ERSisk

This one is not case hardened but no end shake and takeup is spot on. Very good trigger. Do not want to spend the $ on a SAA Colt but kind of always wanted at least a clone. I have looked at Taylors web site. Might have to explore their's. I think they use Uberti.

I thought AWA was the best of the clones

by bj @, Saturday, March 12, 2016, 20:22 (3117 days ago) @ Art

nt

AWA Single actions

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Saturday, March 12, 2016, 21:04 (3117 days ago) @ Art

I have a pair of 7.5" in 45 Colt, great shooters, look great, no cylinder turn lines and have had no problems with them...and they both shoot to the same point of aim.

There is a 4-1/2" .45 here at Casa Hoot.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, March 13, 2016, 12:08 (3116 days ago) @ Art

It's the color cased, "factory slicked" version aimed at the cowboy shooters market. There's some paperwork indicating that it had been smoothed and tuned at the factory and was ready to rock and roll out of the box.

It is slick and pretty. Well fitted overall. I've shot it a bit but haven't done any serious work with regard to loads, etc.

RSS Feed of thread