Need to buy or borrow a 9mm conversion cylinder...

by Byron, Saturday, February 06, 2016, 14:08 (3152 days ago)

I have a 50BMG box full of Israeli 9MM Uzi ammo that I ended up with in a trade. It is mostly boxer primed however the primers are so hard that they are not reliable in any of my autopistols.

I am told that a strike from a Blackhawk will fire them consistently and I would like to shoot them up to harvest the brass in that I shoot and lose a lot of 9mm brass.

I would like to buy or borrow a 9mm cylinder to shoot this stuff up. If borrowed, it would be returned cleaner than when I received it. I would pay a deposit for the use.

The other option is to find someone with a 9mm buzzgun to buy it all cheap and shoot it up fast.

Byron

new model or old model blackhawk? i think i have one ..

by cable, Saturday, February 06, 2016, 14:30 (3152 days ago) @ Byron

somewhere packed away. it is for the old model though....

I have a beater New Model in the Dungeon.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Saturday, February 06, 2016, 14:57 (3152 days ago) @ Byron

Exterior finish is ugly but is mechanically fine. Loan or buy don't matter to me. I will happily supply dimensions if you want to investigate. Some drop right in, some don't.

Oh yeah, if'n a Blackhawk doesn't light 'em off, swap the main spring for one from an Old Army (I do that regularly anyway).

Beater three five seven...

by Byron, Saturday, February 06, 2016, 15:33 (3152 days ago) @ Hoot

Everyone needs a beater three five seven...
[image]
Dave Clements best...

Your cylinder will be perfect!

Please contact: yrusik@yahoo.com

Thanks

Byron

I bought a 45 acp cylinder for my 45 Colt Blackhawk.

by stonewalrus, Saturday, February 06, 2016, 15:54 (3152 days ago) @ Hoot

It would not fit but with judicious stoning on the nose of the cylinder (whatever it is really called), I got a really nice fit.

If you want to sell it...

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Saturday, February 06, 2016, 17:47 (3152 days ago) @ Byron

If you're up to a road trip

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Saturday, February 06, 2016, 21:13 (3152 days ago) @ Byron

you could come down and I'd be glad to let you put your Uzi ammo through an actual Uzi. :-)

If ever there was a reason to by an UZI...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, February 06, 2016, 21:52 (3152 days ago) @ Byron
edited by Rob Leahy, Saturday, February 06, 2016, 22:24

It is for ordained...:-D

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I will dig it out and drop you a note.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 11:09 (3151 days ago) @ Byron

Good lookin' revolver there.

yes, cylinders don't always interchange easily

by bj @, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 19:08 (3151 days ago) @ stonewalrus

all you can do is try it

I figured tight fit that I had to stone was better than

by stonewalrus, Sunday, February 07, 2016, 21:47 (3151 days ago) @ bj

Loose fit.

Sent a note to you Sunday Byron.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 06:01 (3149 days ago) @ Byron

I assume the electrons made it and that you have been busy.

RSS Feed of thread