Hard cast pistol bullet source here...

by Bryan Pettet, Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 22:12 (3162 days ago)

I don't make my own bullets but wondered if there is an active bullet casting resource on this board? I'm looking for hard cast, gas-checked .38s and .45s. I'm looking for a couple thousand each to start...a mere pittance! I can always go to the commercial sources but wanted to check here first. If there is a good source from here, I would prefer to spend the $ with them. Thanks.

Even though I cast, for common bullets I still use ...

by JD, Western Washington, Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 22:33 (3162 days ago) @ Bryan Pettet

For commnon bullets like. 45 cal 200 grain SWC 9mm etc.. I use Missouri Bullet Co. They shoot as almost as good as mine. They're available with Hitech coating which is really good stuff.

I cast the non-common bullets or ones that I want a non-standard diameter like .431 for 44 mag and special or 45-70 bullets that are really expensive to buy....

Thx JD...

by Bryan Pettet, Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 22:35 (3162 days ago) @ JD

I've bought from them before although I have not used the coating. You are picky so that's good to know.

Non-standard 44?

by Bruce in WV, Thursday, January 28, 2016, 03:49 (3162 days ago) @ JD

You can buy .431 44mags from Penn Bullets as their standard diameter and save yourself that special effort.

Non-standard 44?

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Thursday, January 28, 2016, 13:56 (3161 days ago) @ Bruce in WV

I can recommend Penn Bullets, when I buy, I buy form them.

by Paul ⌂, Thursday, January 28, 2016, 08:22 (3161 days ago) @ Bryan Pettet

It's good to see you back on the forum, Bryan!

I don't think any of our guys are currently involved in commercial production of projectiles. Creeker decided to start shooting all his, as did Tony and Aaron. Last year I was reduced to buying from internet sources prior to heading north, and then didn't get time to load any. Oh well, they'll be in the cache next time we head up there. I did shoot some I got from Tony years ago and had loaded, but inquiries here usually point to Missouri Bullets or other commercial casters rather than one of our own.

Thx Paul. Good to be back...

by Bryan Pettet, Thursday, January 28, 2016, 08:55 (3161 days ago) @ Paul

figured that was the case. I will go commercial.

Motana Bullet Works - Large Selection Of Hard Cast Gas Check

by Paul Summers @, Thursday, January 28, 2016, 17:44 (3161 days ago) @ Bryan Pettet

No matter where you get them, quality, commercially cast gas checked bullets will be pretty pricey. I like Montana Bullet Works because, in addition to a large selection of weights, and profiles, they also offer a range of diameters.

http://montanabulletworks.com/

Paul

by bmize, Thursday, January 28, 2016, 20:13 (3161 days ago) @ Bryan Pettet

For commercial cast, Magnus Bullets make several good options. Terry and Betty are very good folks to boot.

RSS Feed of thread