Everybody in TX ok?

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Sunday, December 27, 2015, 19:28 (3193 days ago)

Looks messy down there.

cold, windy, lots of rain

by bj @, Sunday, December 27, 2015, 20:02 (3193 days ago) @ Andrew

Woke up this morning to lots of sleet outside, yesterday we had high temps of almost 80 in Dallas. This morning the wind outside sounded like a freight train, but not the tornado kind of freight train. One of my relatives was driving across Texas towards Colorado for a vacation. They pushed on last night so they could make it past Amarillo into Colorado. If they had not done that they probably could not have made it to Colorado for awhile. We heard that things were shut down around Amarillo today. More snow was predicted for north Texas today/tomorrow which will probably make the roads worse. Probably just a light dusting in DFW.

But seriously the major tornado damage in DFW was pretty far from us. We had tornados a little over a year ago that were near Jared's house. They've moved since then but the recent tornados were maybe 5 miles from that area.

Good to hear.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, December 27, 2015, 22:46 (3193 days ago) @ bj

Saw a bit of news and wondered about our brethren. Hope all is well with everyone!

9 total tornados

by bj2, Monday, December 28, 2015, 01:33 (3193 days ago) @ Hoot

The one that ran through east side of DFW was very strong, and EF-4, and was on the ground for 13 miles.

Everybody in TX ok?

by rob @, Monday, December 28, 2015, 08:24 (3193 days ago) @ Andrew

I'm a bit west of bj, closer to Ft. Worth. All is well. Light snow dusting this morning, rain all day yesterday and all night. I'm sick of the rain this year (something I rarely ever say) but compared to the folks in Garland, Rowlet and Red Oak, I can't complain. It may be wet but we didn't loose anything or anyone. There's gonna be some hard days ahead for a lot of families:(

cold, windy, lots of rain

by Jared, Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 10:32 (3191 days ago) @ bj

That one that killed the people was quite close to the neighborhood we lived for 3 years.

When we were there in 2012 I think, we had one come through the back yard, knock the fence down, and pulled a bunch a shingles up.
About a quarter of a mile down the road it tore down a bunch of houses. Luckily no one was killed in that one.

We have since moved and all we got this time was some wind and rain.

RSS Feed of thread