As we said grace before supper tonight

by bob, Thursday, December 24, 2015, 20:02 (3196 days ago)

I was mindful of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUGOjNsE4aY&feature=player_detailpage

Being far from home on your birthday, anniversary, Christmas imposes a special burden, please remember those who tonight and tomorrow stand the watch. God Bless them and cradle them in His hands.

bob

by Kings6, Dallas, OR, Thursday, December 24, 2015, 23:27 (3196 days ago) @ bob

Thank you Bob. I was able to facetime with my SIL from Baghram Afghanistan earlier today and he got to watch his son open a present that he had sent him. Our daughter and grandson are staying with us while daddy is deployed. Of the four years they have been together, this is the third one he has been overseas for Christmas. Just knowing that folks back home remember them ands what they are doing is a tremendous help in getting through the separation.

May your heavenly father protect all our service men and women this night.

Robb

by Ken O'Neill, Friday, December 25, 2015, 06:41 (3196 days ago) @ Kings6

Thank you Bob, for posting this moving tribute.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Friday, December 25, 2015, 08:46 (3196 days ago) @ bob

Thanks Bob, good reminder.

yep...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, December 25, 2015, 09:45 (3196 days ago) @ bob

important stuff to acknowledge...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

May God bless you for that consideration. We never had

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Friday, December 25, 2015, 18:59 (3195 days ago) @ Kings6

such when I was overseas. The best we could hope for was the MARS operator, if we got a spot.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

May God bless you for that consideration. We never had

by bob, Friday, December 25, 2015, 21:21 (3195 days ago) @ Hobie

When I was overseas, the closest MARS station was a LONG helicopter ride away! We could reach 6th Army HQ in San Fran by HF radio from our CP but had no phone patch. I spent Christmas of that year back seating a CavPack in a strike along the MR3/4 Corps border; Christmas dinner was turkey in a little green can with fruitcake from another little green can!
bob

Thank you Bob.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, December 25, 2015, 22:56 (3195 days ago) @ bob

I try to remember always but sometimes it slips by. Thanks for the reminder.

RSS Feed of thread