There you are my Precious!...I've found you at last!

by MS @, Southern Michigan, Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 05:25 (3205 days ago)

A buddy and I hunted deer Sunday, the last day of muzzleloader season.
After dark, on the 1/2 mile walk over ridges and through little valleys, I had to stop. I'd had warning farts for the last hour, and I wasn't going to make it back to the truck, much less back home before taking care of the problem.
Well, I'm digging through my pack and no, the little organizer bag with the T.P. isn't there.
a little hand towel was though, so I took my knife and cut an end off for cleanup.
What happened next was predictable, I set my favorite folding knife on top of my coat, and discovered later that I didn't pick it up when I grabbed my coat.
That night it was foggy and rainy and things look different by the light of day, but I wasn't going to give up that easily, so off I went.
2+ hours later, I find it.

Benchmade Osborne 943

[image]

My Precious! I was starting lose hope of finding it, but there it was!

Good thing you did not step on it...or in it.

by cr., Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 08:24 (3205 days ago) @ MS

Good thing you did not step on it...or in it.

by uncowboy, Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 08:35 (3205 days ago) @ cr.

I had three knives find home after taking their own journey. One took a year the other took a week and one I dogged down in a day and I covered miles woodchuck hunting and I was amazed I found it. all great stories but I share your joy. J.Michael

Lost my Kabar

by cr., Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 09:12 (3205 days ago) @ uncowboy

Lost it when I was teenager while squirrel hunting. Daddy found it years later digging dirt to fill in washes at the chicken houses. Leather handle rotted away. Cleaned up with steel wool and it is reloading bench drawer now...still waiting for a handle.

There you are my Precious!...I've found you at last!

by Brian A, Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 12:12 (3205 days ago) @ MS

Very good find! I have started carrying a knife with orange scales just to make such searches easier. Don't remember how many times I've spent a few hours looking for something I just set down in the woods.

943 is a good one, that would be a shame to lose

by bj @, Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 20:39 (3204 days ago) @ MS

I get sentimental about anything I buy that works for me, irregardless of price, but a Benchmade 943 is not a cheap knife.

943 is a good one, that would be a shame to lose

by MS @, Southern Michigan, Thursday, December 17, 2015, 05:37 (3204 days ago) @ bj

That's exactly why I was out there just after first light the next morning.
This design and execution is a winner.

When the little voice in my head told me Not to put my knife down, to fold it and at least drop it in a pocket, I should have listened.
He can be a pretty smart fellow in there, that voice of reason and morals, but for some reason I can't seem to be consistent in following his advice.:banghead:

Mark

RSS Feed of thread