another rare sheriff

by Big Six, Wednesday, December 09, 2015, 11:47 (3212 days ago)

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, December 09, 2015
ID: Another Sheriff asks Permit Holders to Carry Their Guns

In the weeks following the San Bernardino massacre, several Sheriff's and Police Chiefs have called for people who can legally carry arms to carry them for increased security of themselves and others. Law officers as diverse as Detroit Police Chief James Craig of Detroit and Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County in Arizona have asked people who can legally carry firearms to carry at all times that they are out and about.

Now Sheriff Helmig of Ohio has added his name to the growing list. The concept is not new. It is as old as mankind and has been recognized as effective for all of history, less the last hundred years, when "progressive" propagandists have attempted to convince everyone who they wish disarmed, that disarmed people are "safer" than people who are armed. They may well be "safer" for those who wish to rob and kill them. As the propagandist's stranglehold on the media cartel is loosening, voices or reason are being heard above the incessant and increasingly ineffectual calls for citizen disarmament. From the Boone County Sheriff Facebook page:
I have reminded my current and retired Deputy Sheriffs of their responsibility to carry their firearms while off-duty. I would also like to remind the people who have applied, been trained, and issued a license to carry a Concealed Deadly Weapon (CCDW) that they also have a responsibility to carry their firearm, which they are proficient with, for the safety of themselves and others. It is also the responsibility of everyone to refresh themselves with the laws that govern the privilege and great responsibility that accompany being a CCDW license holder.
Even the Police Chief in the extreme anti Second Amendment rights city of the District of Columbia acknowledged that on significant option for a citizen confronted with a terror attack was to fight. This was the common sense approach for millennia. It was only with the rise of the mass media and the ability to propagandise millions at a time that the idea of "safety in disarmament" was given any credence. Even police chiefs and Sheriffs in New York and the Sheriff of Milwaukee County David Clarke, are calling for armed citizens to be part of the national defensive system.

Police carry guns to defend themselves. It is not surprising that they understand the utility of doing so.

©2015 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice and link are included.

Like others including the less rare sheriff's

by RidinLou, Middle TN, Thursday, December 10, 2015, 11:11 (3211 days ago) @ Big Six
edited by RidinLou, Friday, December 11, 2015, 07:19

Ralph Bristol a local talk show host recently started talking about the "The Second Amendment Is Homeland Security." I do not know if that is copyrighted or not, but it is apparent that it has been proven to be technically correct.

RSS Feed of thread