Rare and unique Tiffany grip frames for sale.....

by Otony, Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 18:37 (3212 days ago)
edited by Otony, Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 22:13

This is another one of those "someday" projects that I doubt I will ever get to, sadly enough.

A pair of brass (bronze?) Tiffany style grip frames to fit a Colt's Navy or Single Action Army. One frame is complete and has been polished. The other is as cast, and lacks the grip cap BUT there is a wax grip cap that could be easily cast, or a handy fellow could make a personalized cap from any number of materials.

I have no idea of the actual value, but I figure each is easily worth about twice what a new Ruger grip frame costs. Please note that your Colt or Uberti trigger guard and front grip strap are required to complete these assemblies. I would like $200 for the complete set, and $150 for the partial set. I looked long and hard for these, and have only ever seen one other set offered. There are some VERY expensive ones made by a father & son jeweler team, but those are different from these, and far more spendy. That being the case, I am pretty firm on these prices. I would rather list on an auction site than accept a lowball offer. I will wait to list these on Gunbroker until I see just what sort of response I get.

Thanks for looking!

Otony[image][image][image][image]

Rare and unique Tiffany grip frames for sale.....

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 19:01 (3212 days ago) @ Otony

Wow...Never seen these available before. Would be a neat project for someone so inclined. Good luck on the sale.

I have a couple of those

by cubrock, Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 19:30 (3212 days ago) @ Otony

They belonged to Bill Grover. He got them from the outfit who cast them, but I can't find the name right now. He built one engraved Tiffany-framed revolver that I have documented. I have seen very, very few of these over the years. Definitely a rare offering.

I have a couple of those

by Otony, Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 19:34 (3212 days ago) @ cubrock

Am I about right on pricing?

Otony

No idea

by cubrock, Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 20:35 (3212 days ago) @ Otony

I've never seen one for sale. I got these in a grouping of things from Grover's estate. I didn't buy them individually.

RSS Feed of thread