Here we go again...

by mcassill, Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 09:39 (3213 days ago)

An old Sixgunner posted this over on Facebook yesterday:

"It started ......every wholesale place I have called this morning, is SOLD out of any 223 tactical rifle......could be Christmas but am betting it cause of the Calif shooting just be warned..........I was getting Ruger Ar 223 for 535.00 ..... but that could change the beginning of the year."

Here we go again...

by Big Six, Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 09:51 (3213 days ago) @ mcassill

Speaking of Facebook

I don't use Facebook but saw this on another site:

http://www.facebook.com/Stephens-County-Sheriffs-Office-128658670513114/?pnref=story

This was just posted from the sheriff of Stephens County, Oklahoma to Facebook

MESSAGE FROM SHERIFF MCKINNEY

In the wake of the recent attack on Americans in California, it is evident that we as a nation are under attack by radical Islamic terrorists. These people have vowed under their religion to destroy all who do not follow their beliefs. Radical Islam has openly declared war on us and has vowed to attack us here - on our soil - and they are here with more coming.

These radical Islamic terrorists have promised that more Paris-style attacks are still to come. We do not know when, we do not know where, and we do not know how many will come. We also do not know the style of attack that will be chosen next.

Our county is small in numbers and I feel that we are unlikely to be targeted by these evil people. However, over the last few years the citizens of Stephens County has seen the evil committed by criminals in our communities. As your Sheriff, I encourage all who are LEGALLY, ELIGIBLE, and TRAINED to carry concealed weapons to do so. I do not want any of us to be helpless victims if we should fall under attack.

We may never be able to stop someone from attempting to carry out a violent attack, but we, as armed citizens, can mitigate the damage.

Sheriff Wayne McKinney

Our Davidsons sales rep called the shop yesterday.....

by Otony, Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 09:59 (3213 days ago) @ mcassill

....to give us a heads up. They are rapidly selling out of AR platform rifles.

We ordered a dozen, plus a like amount of stripped lowers from another supplier. From the frenzy in the shop yesterday, I'm willing to bet we won't have them long. At one point we had four people simultaneously filling out 4473s, with more waiting for counter space behind them.

Surprisingly (or not, depends on your outlook) there were a LOT of female customers buying small 9mm and .380 pistolinos. Lots of folks inquiring about home defense shotguns as well.

Given the sales numbers reported on Black Friday, and the reactions to the soothing reassurances the Annointed One imparted on Sunday, I imagine the American people are taking it upon themselves to wake up and smell the coffee.

My wife, the lovely Natalia, who has, er, um, had zero situational awareness in her nature, has requested I carry a larger pistol than my previous J-frame. She is also expounding on reaction plans and evacuation routes for our church. She is not by nature a "prepare for the worst" type person, but I believe we will see more mama bear nature amongst the womenfolk soon.

Otony

Our Davidsons sales rep called the shop yesterday.....

by mcassill, Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 10:13 (3212 days ago) @ Otony

My LGS had huge numbers last week; I'm sure it's only busier now. Zero made it pretty clear that we're on our own dealing with Islamists.

Bud's is showing right now at 1350 hrs. cst.....

by Ray L., Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 14:02 (3212 days ago) @ mcassill

over 100 product listings in stock matching that description, presumably more than one, perhaps many of each ranging from $600 to $2500......gunshop clerks need to throw away the ellett brothers and jerry's catalogs away and do a little web surfing.....and this may turn out to be yet another post-obamination gun-control themed news conference incited panic rush.....if this proves to be the case, even bud's, kygunco, and impact may sell-out of "tactical".....

that's one data point

by mcassill, Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 15:17 (3212 days ago) @ Ray L.

Another: a few days ago AIM surplus had all kinds of AR15s in stock. Yesterday afternoon they were wiped out of them; today I see they've added a shipment from Anderson. We'll see how long those last. They still have a decent selection of AKs and Century G3 clones; if those get wiped out that will tell us something as well.

Not everybody got the word. Yesterday traded 2 SCCYs for

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 16:31 (3212 days ago) @ mcassill

a Spikes Tactical AR. We sold out of the .223 ARs on hand right away, then the Mini-14 (we had one) and then got inquiries about the SKSs. However, we've been going pretty strong on pistols right along. Many couples buying pairs for "Christmas". Ammo is a steady mover. There is still demand for handgun reloading powders even though enthusiasm is muted by lack of supply. For every person that tells me things have returned to normal and they can get whatever they want I hear 3 others tell me they can't find something that used to always be on the shelves.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread