Kel-tec SU16C any one have experience with one of these?

by ERSisk @, Saturday, December 05, 2015, 22:59 (3215 days ago)

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Sunday, December 06, 2015, 02:05 (3215 days ago) @ ERSisk

I've got a good friend who did 30 years in the Army as a helicopter pilot. He's also an FFL now, and very much into guns. He's got one of this little fold up Kel Tec .223 rifles and absolutely loves it.

I've never shot it.

by bob, Sunday, December 06, 2015, 09:25 (3215 days ago) @ ERSisk

I've had one since shortly after they hit the market; it's an 'OK' carbine, accuracy is nothing special and mine has a bit of headspace that the factory never corrected. Did have Bill Springfield do the trigger and that improved accuracy a bit. Mounting a scope can be a problem because of the way the gun disassembles for cleaning and if you clamp scope mounts down to tightly on the 'rail' you'll never get it apart. I've mounted a Bushnell TRS-25 on mine and it works just fine. If you prefer a good peep there's an after market that's better than the K-T blob. Mounting a sling can be a chore and unfolding the flimsy fore end bipod seriously changes point of impact.

With the drop in price of ARs the Keltec lost their Mojo

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, December 07, 2015, 11:39 (3213 days ago) @ ERSisk

as a folder kind of interesting but AR "Pistol" or better and SBR seems like a better choice.;-) [image]

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread