The Ballistic Pendulum: A 'Short' Story (Annual Repost, 2/2)

by FOG, Thursday, April 19, 2012, 07:47 (4405 days ago) @ FOG

I also needed speedloaders to 'compete,' but was just about tapped out cash-wise, so a friend leapt to the rescue by loaning me his, and it was all downhill from there. (Er, so to speak...) It was like destiny calling. (Or something...) I was just sure I would become the next rising star of IPSC competition around the globe.

At long last, Game Day arrived and found me facing the subject of this windy tome: The Ballistic Pendulum. Earlier that morning, the ever-helpful match officials had whacked the thing right and proper, thus setting the bar. Now, it was my turn. Stepping up to the line, I prepared myself by doing my best imitation of the Weaver Stance, awaited the command to fire, then...

BLAM!

The 158-gr projectile took the paddle squarely amidships, neatly tore it off the arm of the demonic device, and launched it into low-earth orbit.

There followed a hushed silence among all assembled, then after what seemed like an eternity, the range officer stepped up to the line and said,

"Son, I think that makes Major."

Epilogue

So how did I do in the match itself? Let's just say that - this was by sheer coincidence, you understand - I was compelled to clean out my bank account the very same afternoon in order to cover the 'tab.'

--
[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread