I bought some Wipeout Patch Out a few weeks ago...

by rob @, Friday, November 06, 2015, 23:03 (3244 days ago)

And finally got a chance to try it on my Mini-14 today. I'm impressed, it actually did a pretty fast job of cleaning the barrel using only an Otis cable and patches. Reading the label says it contains corrosion inhibitors so it's safe to leave in the barrel indefinitely, but it has a pretty strong ammonia smell to it. I'm curious if any of you have used it and if you trust it enough to just leave it in the bore. I didn't, I ran a couple dry patches and wiped it out with Ballistol as is my usual custom.

I bet we could sell some of that. I like Wipeout.

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, November 07, 2015, 07:42 (3244 days ago) @ rob

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I bet we could sell some of that. I like Wipeout.

by rob @, Saturday, November 07, 2015, 08:28 (3244 days ago) @ Hobie

I'm pretty impressed so far. I'm a bit leery of leaving it in a bore like they say you can but cleaned my Mini-14 faster than anything else ever has.

by jgt, Saturday, November 07, 2015, 10:06 (3244 days ago) @ rob

I would not to leave anything more than the lightest coat of oil in the barrel. With quality control being what it is nowdays, we don't know if the technical writer was given correct information or not. I know oil will not hurt my barrel.

Thats where I stand on it...

by rob @, Saturday, November 07, 2015, 10:25 (3244 days ago) @ jgt

I trust Ballistol and if there is anything left a light coat of Ballistol will work on it over time. After cleaning I just pulled a Ballistol patch through it and then a dry patch.

by Art @, Littleton, Colorado, Monday, November 09, 2015, 19:54 (3241 days ago) @ rob

Been using it for a few years. I have had very good results but like you am a bit concerned by the odor. I do not leave it in the bores of my guns. I run through a few patches then I run a patch with Kroil to leave in the bore.

Art

RSS Feed of thread