Looking used AR 15 rear site

by Gary G, Monday, October 12, 2015, 21:38 (3269 days ago)

Picked up a AR with no rear site..Receiver has a rail on top. And a Traditional AR front site. Wanted to see if anyone may have Rear Site laying around that may have started using some other type of sighting device such as red dot.

Most folks add a rear sight that folds out of the way

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, October 12, 2015, 23:54 (3269 days ago) @ Gary G

for a back up. Magpul makes a very affordable version. Steve Webb sold some excellent Surplus rear AR sites.... Amazon is very handy....they are listed fro 19.99 to 99.99 and up... eventually, you'll want an Aimpoint, but get a folder there.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I have a Larue rear that could be yours...

by Byron, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 07:30 (3269 days ago) @ Gary G

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-buis-qd-lt-103

Not real cheap but the best there is.

Byron

I have a removable carry handle/sight....

by cas, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 11:06 (3269 days ago) @ Gary G

....used, that came off a Colt. I sold it once for $50 and somehow got it back in trade or I bought the upper? I dunno.

I'd ship for $45

Looking used AR 15 rear site

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 12:44 (3269 days ago) @ Gary G

I've seen too many flip-ups with 6-8 MOA of lateral dispersion, easily observable by light pressure on either side of the rear sight in rested shooting. Most days I can shoot that well with a service pistol. I'm sure somebody probably makes a good flip-up; I'll never know it because I avoid them altogether.

I want an A2 rear sight or close approximation thereof. Either sight offered in this thread would be better than any flip-up I've yet seen. If you add a dot/reflex sight, don't get obsessed with 'co-witness'. Put the dot/reflex on a QD mount so you can slap it off the gun, should it fail. I like the American Defense version; easy on-off and returns real close to zero.

Byron, What kind of money you need for your site

by Gary G, Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 21:32 (3268 days ago) @ Byron

thanks.

home e-mail is gfg2090@bellsouth.net if you prefer. ( I view only at nite.)

Byron, What kind of money you need for your site

by Byron, Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 10:10 (3268 days ago) @ Gary G

I have $100 in the sight with shipping.

To your door for $80.

Let me know.

yrusik@yahoo.com

Byron

Found one today Locally

by Gary G, Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 19:29 (3267 days ago) @ Byron

Friend is a AR Freak and LEO...........He gave me a small box full of sites and told me I can have one so I am good....But I always am grateful for the help all of you guys offer to fellow board members.

Thanks to all...............Gary

I have a removable carry handle/sight....

by Gary G, Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 19:29 (3267 days ago) @ cas

Cas, Fould a site Local today...........Thanks

+1

by mcassill, Friday, October 16, 2015, 10:57 (3266 days ago) @ Sarge

Just get an M4 carry handle and zero it to the weapon.

RSS Feed of thread