CVA 223 break barrel review - in a word I LIKE IT

by stonewalrus, Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:57 (3271 days ago)

Ok, so that is three words... Good trigger, very little recoil and probably more accurate than I am. Our 8 year old gave it a go and put two rounds touching each other at 25 yards. Pretty good for a little guy. Didn't fuss about the recoil but did say "This thing is powerful!" Scope is decent but when you crank it up to higher levels it is picky about eye relief. Sweet little gun for the price of $229 scope included. I will be spending some time in the woods with this one!

CVA 223 break barrel review - in a word I LIKE IT

by Catoosa, Saturday, October 10, 2015, 23:20 (3271 days ago) @ stonewalrus

BTW, Tom -

When policing brass after you left, I found one of the HP bullets from those planet-wrecker .45 loads about halfway back to the 25-yard table. After apparently bouncing off at least two of the creosoted poles in the backstop, the nose was only slightly deformed. Tough bullet.

I think I will save those for elephants!....

by stonewalrus, Sunday, October 11, 2015, 13:41 (3271 days ago) @ Catoosa

Nm

Good to hear.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, October 11, 2015, 13:57 (3271 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Thanks for the report. Some interesting calibers offered...

RidinLou picked up the 7mm 08 after he heard about mine

by stonewalrus, Sunday, October 11, 2015, 16:08 (3270 days ago) @ Hoot

Maybe we can get him to chime in on a range report too.

That would be good. I look forward to it.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, October 11, 2015, 19:07 (3270 days ago) @ stonewalrus

The .35 Rem tickles my fancy just a bit. I'd also be interested in pistol calibers other than the .44...nothing wrong with the .44 of course but I have that particular base covered.

RSS Feed of thread