Idly perused Cabela's on-line gun library yesterday.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Saturday, October 10, 2015, 10:38 (3272 days ago)

And found a rifle that caught my eye. Well, it wasn't really in the cards but what the 'ell, let's give a call and see where it goes.

They wouldn't answer the bleedin' phone! I tried maybe a dozen times during the day. Nothing. Nada. No voice mail. No answering machine. No annoying elevator music.

This morning I get a reply to my e-mail inquiry: "Sorry, it's sold."

Still looking to see if I can dig up an addy for the store manager and let them know what I think about that.

Idly perused Cabela's on-line gun library yesterday.

by Kings6, Dallas, OR, Saturday, October 10, 2015, 14:41 (3272 days ago) @ Hoot

I emailed them about one shown several weeks ago and still no response. Decided I can't trust that they have stuff they show or that they will respond to an enquiry.

Yeah, disappointing.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, October 11, 2015, 14:00 (3271 days ago) @ Kings6

I "need" another rifle like I need additional orifices (orifii?) but still and all, they should be picking up their phone. Also, they still show the rifle as 'Available' today...sad.

My last try at buying at Cabela's ended similarly

by cjm @, Sunday, October 11, 2015, 19:36 (3270 days ago) @ Hoot

I went in to the local Cabela's on a Sunday about a year ago looking for gloves, didn't find any I liked at a price I would pay.
Stopped by the firearms counters and the gun library. Found a nice Stainless Contender frame with 223 barrel and no name scope for 600$ in the gun library. Decided to think about it because while I have wanted a stainless Contender frame for several years I don't have any plans for ever having a 223. Went back two days later and the guy in the Library thinks the Contender was moved to the main handgun display where they had setup a bunch of single shots, had an XP100, an RPM and several Savages but no Contenders. The Contender wan't in the display, and when I asked about it no one seemed to know anything about it. Finally someone went and looked it up in the computer, and couldn't find it. It wasn't on the list of guns sold, wasn't in stock on the computer, it had just disappeared from their system.

Cabela's iffy...store by store...Mitchell SD excellent...

by Gila Jorge, Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 13:06 (3268 days ago) @ Hoot

Bought a Beretta Trap Gun from Cabelas at the Mitchell SD store...Bob Lanham 605-995-4467 and he is outstandingas was the service and follow through...bet he could give you the number to call and report bad service...damn shame...but really runs the gamut from don't give a hoot to bending over backwards...Lanham was the latter...any time in the future will call Lanham and find out about a gun seen listed and do my best to get through him somehow.....

RSS Feed of thread