Wella-day: this must be my lucky one -- new cellphone needed

by John Meeker @, NW Ohio, Friday, October 09, 2015, 17:08 (3272 days ago)

Yup...my little folder Casio brick -- proof against anything for years, will no longer make noise thru the speaker. Can write, but can't send, either. PFOOOOOO-EF The day got half eat up with Docs and it's too rainy to paint. And now gotta go stand around while some sleek 'effer wants to shove a loser model off on the old folks. Damn.....later....just venting..Hey, maybe I should eat a can beans, then go over there. "Hey free phone and service for year, sir, if you'll just leave --- very sooon. Ummmm...come to think of it -- we had chili for a late lunch.

OK...I gotta lock this 'puter thing up and hide it....getting embarrassed at these posts. Just one of those conjunctions of BS-days that happen.

by Paul ⌂, Friday, October 09, 2015, 17:36 (3272 days ago) @ John Meeker

Sorry to hear about it. For what it's worth, my mother-in-law loves her Motorola Moto G we helped her choose.

A day of ironies and contradictions -- after 'no sound' --

by John Meeker @, NW Ohio, Friday, October 09, 2015, 18:28 (3272 days ago) @ Paul

I received a call from another board member -- and this time there was sound. Beats me, but am happy as a clam in cold muck --so to speak. and, can speak and hear. Thanks for thecondolences and sugestion, Paul, and long may y'r Mom'd phone chirp merrily.

Sounds good...

by Brian A, Friday, October 09, 2015, 21:46 (3272 days ago) @ John Meeker

Hope your phone keeps working just fine. If it doesn't, don't be afraid of the smart phones, they are a lot easier to work than you may think, and have some neat options for ease of use the flip-phones do not.

It's the 21st century. Get an iPhone...

by mcassill, Friday, October 09, 2015, 20:03 (3272 days ago) @ John Meeker

put an Otterbox case on it; resulting combo is near indestructible. And once you master a few basic apps you'll wonder why you ever went without one. :-D

I've had a Samsung Galaxy S5 for over a year now.

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Friday, October 09, 2015, 21:21 (3272 days ago) @ John Meeker

I chose the "Active" model, that is a little more armored than the standard. The drawback is that you can't find an external case for it. The advantage over an Iphone is the ability to expand the RAM storage with an SD card, and replace the battery easily.

Dang it....I may have to leave the Stone Age of Commo...

by John Meeker @, NW Ohio, Saturday, October 10, 2015, 07:18 (3272 days ago) @ Andrew

Thanks all, for the tips. If the world would just hire this here BBS to run things, eh? ;~`)

I`am with you John

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Saturday, October 10, 2015, 08:05 (3272 days ago) @ John Meeker

I have had this old flip/ flop Tract Phone since ? (forever) I just don`t know what phone and plan to get , every body I see are just walking around looking at their phone and texting . I thought I would be the last one who had other things to do than looking at a phone all day. :-D :beatdeadhorse:

Yup; it's a mystery what all that phone-y stuff is about...

by John Meeker @, NW Ohio, Saturday, October 10, 2015, 18:42 (3271 days ago) @ Fivegunner

x

LG flip-phone TracFone account here as well...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, October 11, 2015, 07:46 (3271 days ago) @ Fivegunner

It's all I need.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Samsung Galaxy S5 case Andrew

by Drago, Saturday, October 10, 2015, 14:42 (3272 days ago) @ Andrew
edited by Drago, Sunday, October 11, 2015, 14:52

I got an S-5 Active last December and an Otterbox Defender series case for it too. Sturdy enough to be dropped in the street twice during a bicycle rides.

Thanks

by Andrew @, Bloomington, IN, Saturday, October 10, 2015, 17:08 (3271 days ago) @ Drago

I've always considered the Otterbox too "huge". I killed my first S5 a few months ago though, left it on the fender of the Jeep and drove off. Probably should look into one.

My iPhone with Otterbox defender has...

by mcassill, Sunday, October 11, 2015, 08:50 (3271 days ago) @ Andrew

Has fallen out of a truck onto concrete several times; I'm posting this message with it. :-D

What's a "cell phone"?

by pokynojoe, Saturday, October 10, 2015, 09:04 (3272 days ago) @ John Meeker

Are the nuclei and mitochondria calling each other now?

Gotta love modern medicine.

by bob, Saturday, October 10, 2015, 16:47 (3271 days ago) @ John Meeker

According to my ham radio friends, I have the last existing cell phone with a rotary dial!
bob

RSS Feed of thread