Well, dang...now we have verification of old family stories

by John Meeker @, NW Ohio, Friday, October 09, 2015, 10:22 (3273 days ago)

Prob'ly doesn't mean much to most people in today's world, but most of you have interest in such things and their times. As well, it explains my archaic fascination with flintlocks. That, and 'keep and bear'.

http://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Meeker-155

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=37379420&PIpi=2388515#.Vh...

that is just wonderful, inspiring ! i love stories like tha

by cable, Friday, October 09, 2015, 11:26 (3273 days ago) @ John Meeker

those times were really amazing and to know the role your ancestor played is just top notch to me.

I had ancestors in several key battles in the Rev. War though I don't know as much detail as that. [ my gggggrandfather was a Hessian , number 37 on the prisoner list when Washington crossed the Delaware and captured the garrison at Trenton NJ....my ancestor [ good mercenary ? } switched sides and became a blue coat in the continental forces;

thanks for posting that !

figured this is about the only BBS that would get a boot...

by John Meeker @, NW Ohio, Friday, October 09, 2015, 13:55 (3273 days ago) @ cable

out of such stuff. Happy to share it -- and remember what price was paid and who paid it.

That is relly neat!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, October 09, 2015, 14:29 (3273 days ago) @ John Meeker

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Well, dang...now we have verification of old family stories

by Brian A, Friday, October 09, 2015, 22:00 (3272 days ago) @ John Meeker

That is very cool! Will have to look to see if any of my ancestors may be on the site, just joined the Sons of the American Revolution last year.

That is really cool. I know I love to find such stories of

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Saturday, October 10, 2015, 07:13 (3272 days ago) @ John Meeker

my family members. You're right, I do like such things...

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

VERY cool story John.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Saturday, October 10, 2015, 10:38 (3272 days ago) @ John Meeker

RSS Feed of thread