Mod 43 Glock facts/actual prices and rumours/availaibility..

by John Meeker @, NW Ohio, Monday, October 05, 2015, 18:11 (3276 days ago)

Thot I'd read a couple of things here, but scanned back and didn't find the discussion I THOUGHT I read here. So, if rings a bell and you can point me at it. thank you. The 43 may be "just the thing."

This brain/no brain 'personal entertainment', is up for review with even more docs, techs, etc. They get challenged-up about not being able to 'find the rabbit-hole' where wherein info i wish to retain, unpredictably vanishes.

S&W Shield 370 locally...Whay would anyone by a Glurk that

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, October 05, 2015, 18:35 (3276 days ago) @ John Meeker
edited by Rob Leahy, Monday, October 05, 2015, 18:41

didn't have to?

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

.Why would anyone buy a Glurk...welllllll. My first step

by John Meeker @, NW Ohio, Friday, October 09, 2015, 16:26 (3272 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

into apostasy in plastic was a full sized .45 when they first became available. Damn thing shouldn't have been so accurate and easy to shoot -- for me -- hence, I don't have any real prejudice agin' 'em.

How'emsoever -- after more reading and futzing around at the local gun-counters -- the Shield is closing in as the main contender. For one, I want a safety -- now. Two -- it has to be 'grippable' and chambered under the present 'hands' condition. Making the rounds of the 'big three' this weekend for side by side comparisons.

I like my G17's...

by Josh Maloley, Monday, October 05, 2015, 18:47 (3276 days ago) @ John Meeker

...once they are properly ground, melted, and stippled into a reasonable shape.

But if you think you're looking for a g43, check out the S&W Shield first.

Hmmm....haven't compared them.....the thinness of the G-gun

by John Meeker @, NW Ohio, Monday, October 05, 2015, 19:18 (3276 days ago) @ John Meeker

sounds useful, for one. I have has had Gggg'lks, in house, and out since purchasing my first Glock .45ACP. Current house gun is a 17 or 19. So, have no real bias about the plastic. In my 'nettin' around it seems like the reviews like the gun, having not hit a negative one yet.

Main reason interest is FLAT, more than it being Glock, tho I do pre-suppose that the model 43 is reliable, etc. Also, new neuro-muscle considerations are happening. Bigger guns/grips may become a bigger bit of a handful than is 'handy'. So far, the snubby J's work OK, especially in a pair. AND, I'll be perfectly happy if it stays that way, tho' the left hand is...in need of a de-tingling/numbness/cold fixer. Quoth jr-grade MD: "Well, we'll have you in for more testing."

How'emsoever....I will look into the Shield more closely, and go play with some at Cabela's/ Bass Pro / Gander Mt. ---- Will let y'all know what I think of it -- for my sitty-ation, after more digging , as i know it is well regarded.

thanks for the thoughts.

Miss Melodie has a 42, or "9mm Lite" as it were.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, October 05, 2015, 19:39 (3276 days ago) @ John Meeker
edited by Hoot, Monday, October 05, 2015, 20:42

(.380 just in case I'm being obtuse yet again today.)

It's fine.

It goes bang.

Every time.

So far (few hundred rounds).

There is no love as far as I'm concerned. Although I certainly don't hate it. I'd put it above the LCP and that rides with me a lot. (No real love for that one either.)

We did shoot the 43 and, to me, it's a 42 but more of it. I'm sure I'd feel about the same about that'un as well.

Now, being in the full flush of the romance of a new acquisition, I can say I REALLY like the Ruger LC9-S. Small enough to go away when needed. Big enough to feel like, sorry, 'a real pistol' when shot. In fairness, I haven't shot it enough to say it's 'the one' but it sure is a leading candidate right now.

I am told the Shield is very close but have not fondled one.

Matthew has an LC9 that is his constant carry gun

by stonewalrus, Monday, October 05, 2015, 20:58 (3276 days ago) @ Hoot

Nm

Miss Melodie has a 42, or "9mm Lite" as it were.

by MS @, Southern Michigan, Monday, October 05, 2015, 22:21 (3276 days ago) @ Hoot

Agreed on the LC9S. I love mine.
The 9 shot extended mags are the bomb.
Shooting it with the 9r's is a totally different feel.

Mod 43 Glock facts/actual prices and rumours/availaibility..

by DiamondD, Tuesday, October 06, 2015, 08:06 (3276 days ago) @ John Meeker

I like the 43 enough that after about 400 rounds through it I bought a second one. I've never shot a Shield but everyone I know that has one likes it and they seem to go about $100 less than the Glock. I have Taran Tactical +1 base plates that I carry in the pistols and +2s on the reload mags.

We sell the Glock 43 here in the shop......

by Otony, Tuesday, October 06, 2015, 09:38 (3276 days ago) @ John Meeker

.....and it can be considered one of the Big Three in small 9emems, with the other two being the Shield and the Ruger LC9S.

Our sales are typically predicated on two factors, fit in the hand and price. The Shield and the Ruger are identical in price, with both being $100 less than the Glock. Typically, the Glock sells either to fanboys or to those whose hands feel it is most comfortable. Of the three, the Shield is the largest, and also the one that seems to cause the most comments regarding fit. A great deal of our customers find the Shield grip uncomfortable in some measure, which leads them to either the Ruger or Glock. Then it boils down to money, with fit being a toss up between the two.

If you have access to an accurate scale (we do, it is a pawn shop after all) you will find the Glock and the Ruger weigh in almost identically. As well, both are quite close in height, weight, and thickness. The Shield is a smidge thinner, but is both taller and ever so slightly longer. Note that when comparing sizes the Glock and the Ruger are virtually identical EXCEPT for magazine capacity, with one extra bean in the mag of the Ruger.

In the end, it comes down to what feels best. Oh sure, we get the customer for whom price is such a factor that they end up buying a Taurus PT111G2, or worse, a Sccy. The Keltec seems to be a nonparticipant these days, very, very few calling for it.

Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances, eh?

Otony

Well said...and my experiance with those as well...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, October 06, 2015, 16:40 (3275 days ago) @ Otony

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

We sell the heck out of the SCCY pistols...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, October 06, 2015, 18:02 (3275 days ago) @ Otony

... perhaps beating out these 3.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Nothing wrong with the Sccy......

by Otony, Tuesday, October 06, 2015, 20:48 (3275 days ago) @ Hobie

......other than clunkiness and the feel in your hand, slab-sided awkwardness. Build quality seems to be several degrees better than Keltec, which seems correct as the principals at Sccy are former Keltec employees who wanted to build a better mouse trap.

If they introduced a single stack built to the same standard as their double stack, and gave it a better grip, we could sell tons of 'em. But as it stands, I scarcely move a half-dozen a year. Maybe Washington shooters are pickier?

Shields? I sell a couple of dozen per year. LC9S? About the same. Glock 43? Every single one I can get my hands on, which isn't many, supply does not match demand. Oh, and the Taurus PT111G2? We buy those a dozen at a time. Don't sell quite as well as the aforementioned pistolas, but the demand is still significant.

The standout in all this is the XDS. Sales are only a bit better than a SCCY! Not sure why the heck that is?

Otony

We have sold over 400. For MOST people it is sort of the

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, October 06, 2015, 20:59 (3275 days ago) @ Otony

Goldilocks choice. Not too big, not too small, fits most hands, simple to operate, 9mm, and THE PRICE. We do sell Glocks, Shields, and LC9Ss in 9mm. SA sales are down.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

We sell the Glock 43 here in the shop......

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, October 07, 2015, 17:45 (3274 days ago) @ Otony

I haven't shot a G43 yet, but have handled a few making holsters for them. They do feel good, but so
Does my Shield and like you said, it carries one more
Round in a similar size and costs $100 less!

I was amazed at the first range trip with my Shield in that I shot it just as well as my full sized M&P9. A buddy who is a big M&P fan finally bought a Sheild after saying it's close enough to his compact and now that he shot it, I
He's super happy he bought the much slimmer gun.

I shot an LC9, and owned a couple of Kel Tek 9's both the single and double stack and even with my big hands, I had to reaquire a grip
After every shot, not a good thing on a last ditch defensive pistol!! I would like to shoot a G43, but I seriously doubt it'll replace my Sheilds, which have for the most part replaced my 442 Smith...

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Thanks to all for the info of experience --

by John Meeker @, NW Ohio, Wednesday, October 07, 2015, 05:58 (3275 days ago) @ John Meeker

Now, can 'make the rounds', with some idea of 'whut's whut'.

RSS Feed of thread